Discuss Impact driver bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Using my new impact driver while firing 4x50's to secure floorboards I shattered a Wera diamond impact bit and the same day a Dewalt equivalent with a single box of screws, this could be expensive.

I had heard the bits don't last long but just thought it was guys abusing them but I'm very careful and even I'm breaking them and normal screwdiver bit last me ages. Anyone tried the Milwaukee Shockwave bits?

Normally get a box of 10 Wera Phil from SFIX that comes with the torsion bit holder, usually do a year.

Are you using a torsion bit holder?

No torsion bit holder no, Just 50mm bits straight into the hex holder but I'll look into them thanks.

No torsion bit holder no, Just 50mm bits straight into the hex holder but I'll look into them thanks.
That's your problem then Phil the torsion bits have a damper utilising springs and ball bearings, makes it easier on the impact driver,screws and arm lol

That's your problem then Phil the torsion bits have a damper utilising springs and ball bearings, makes it easier on the impact driver,screws and arm lol

Nice to know vern, I've been thinking of treating myself this xmas and had been put off by tales of them 'eating' bits.

use the correct bits designed for it.
a bit holder defeats the object of the tool

The shockwave bits last me around a week. Never went through so many bits in my life. I'll need to nick the fancy bit holder off the next joiner that comes along :smile:

I find the Dewalt ones okay. Buy a pack of ten for a few £££ and just throw when they snap, better than doing the same with wera/Milwaukee bits

Thats what I thought REDSAW about not having all the gubbins hanging out of the chuck, just simply slot in the proper bit and fire away but it seems I'm mistaken.

My Makita has 120Nm of torque so it packs a punch.
ae235

Just rang the Boss and he said they can "eat" bits but as he is using Bosch atm he's only lost one bit!!

Personally I think he's lost more than that.....:wink_smile:

But thanks for the advice...Oh and Turbogold bit's from screwies and NO good.....period

I have the proper wera impakter bit( toolstation do them), and the torsion holder. Had the same bit for the last six months. Been used daily, on bathrooms, floorboards, boilers and kitchens

I have the proper wera impakter bit( toolstation do them), and the torsion holder. Had the same bit for the last six months. Been used daily, on bathrooms, floorboards, boilers and kitchens
Yep they pay for themselves as you use less bits, and your impact driver lasts longer!

I just buy the packets of 10 standard PZ2's and PH1's from Toolstation.

They're cheap but last ok, and I bin them as soon as they start to cam out. I shatter the odd few, but then I don't lose a moments sleep over it as they're penny's and I just stick a new one in.

Those gold ones from Screwfix are too soft. They're rubbish.

If I'm feeling flush I might buy a box of Dewalt ones in the orange box. They're OK but I shatter them too.

It's a coincidence, but I only use Wera as my hex bit holder. As they have the best magnet in them, but as said I just use a standard one for around a fiver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Impact driver bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock