Discuss Impact driver bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Using my new impact driver while firing 4x50's to secure floorboards I shattered a Wera diamond impact bit and the same day a Dewalt equivalent with a single box of screws, this could be expensive.

I had heard the bits don't last long but just thought it was guys abusing them but I'm very careful and even I'm breaking them and normal screwdiver bit last me ages. Anyone tried the Milwaukee Shockwave bits?

Normally get a box of 10 Wera Phil from SFIX that comes with the torsion bit holder, usually do a year.

Are you using a torsion bit holder?

No torsion bit holder no, Just 50mm bits straight into the hex holder but I'll look into them thanks.

No torsion bit holder no, Just 50mm bits straight into the hex holder but I'll look into them thanks.
That's your problem then Phil the torsion bits have a damper utilising springs and ball bearings, makes it easier on the impact driver,screws and arm lol

That's your problem then Phil the torsion bits have a damper utilising springs and ball bearings, makes it easier on the impact driver,screws and arm lol

Nice to know vern, I've been thinking of treating myself this xmas and had been put off by tales of them 'eating' bits.

use the correct bits designed for it.
a bit holder defeats the object of the tool

The shockwave bits last me around a week. Never went through so many bits in my life. I'll need to nick the fancy bit holder off the next joiner that comes along :smile:

I find the Dewalt ones okay. Buy a pack of ten for a few ÂŁÂŁÂŁ and just throw when they snap, better than doing the same with wera/Milwaukee bits

Thats what I thought REDSAW about not having all the gubbins hanging out of the chuck, just simply slot in the proper bit and fire away but it seems I'm mistaken.

My Makita has 120Nm of torque so it packs a punch.
ae235

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Impact driver bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi Guys So purchased my 1950ish ex RAF house in 2014 and it has a mix of single or double panel, no convector horrid looking Rads. They also...
Replies
Views
Okay, so this is part of a wider efforts to balance the books for the forums. We're trialing it out. But it comes with some good benefits as well...
Replies
Views
This is perhaps a long shot, but anyway... I live in a block of flats in Beijing, and the heating is provided by a metropolitan heating system...
Replies
Views
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
I'm too lazy to list all the auction URLs so I will list the tools that are going to be on there by 7pm. To find them click this link to view all...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock