Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal Mexico with noisy burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jock Spanners

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Evening all,
I've got an old Ideal Mexico with a really noisy burner. It seems to have flames spilling from the end of the right hand burner making it roar. I suspect the burner cap gasket has perished allowing combustion through the joint. Knowing that it's obsolete I don't want to condemn it just for the sake of an obsolete gasket. Does anyone know where I can buy gasket paper to make up a replacement?

Thanks,
Jock.

Have you checked burner pressure ? their is a rope like gasket material looks like asbestos but its not cant think what its called but someone on here will know

Good point. All I've done is strip and clean it and replace the faulty thermocouple. I can't remember it being so noisy before and can't understand why the pressure would then suddenly increase but I'll check it when I go back and finish off on Monday.

Good point. All I've done is strip and clean it and replace the faulty thermocouple. I can't remember it being so noisy before and can't understand why the pressure would then suddenly increase but I'll check it when I go back and finish off on Monday.

Faulty gas valve maybe ??

Gas rate it as they can be range rated plenty of materials out there to make a gasket sheet materials containing graphite of mica would work . cheers kop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Mexico with noisy burner in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Ideal boiler loosing pressure (AT WITS END) Hi all looking to converse about my boiler problem with people with knowledge. I’d be grateful for advice. System Ideal Vogue S32 System Boiler Everflow Stainless unvented hot water cylinder (EN 300 P5)(300 liters) Drayton Mitime T740R...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I am hoping to get some advice on a small project I am working on at the moment. I have a lovely old victorian towel rail which I am trying to modify to make it smaller. Its just too big for out house. It is made of Brass pipe and fittings, 1 1/2" . The Brass pipe has a flange end...
Replies
Views
Welder
W
T
I have an old but perfectly working Trianco Oil Fired Boiler. It works perfectly well but it wakes me up in the mornings when it comes on. It isn't the burner jet noise but a bearing noise from the electric pump motor.:builder: This is a new motor (6 months) and made the noise from new. It is...
Replies
Views
TransitTrucker
T
N
Got sent to a job today where a ideal mexico had been smoking the house out. When i stripped it down i found rusting inside the hex and down the outsides, along with alot of corrosion and rusting around the hood. Cleaned it out and fired it up suspecting a leaking hex when being fired. Found...
Replies
Views
R1CKY
R
R
Hello everyone, Just a quick one. Did a service on an Ideal Mexico today. When removing the burner manifold the amounts of POC within the chamber and on the burners were ridiculous, I managed to scoop everything up into a pile that stood almost 3 inches off the floor (I did measure it too...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock