Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Ideal Mexico Burner Manifold Cleaning....Best method? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ryster

Hello everyone,

Just a quick one. Did a service on an Ideal Mexico today. When removing the burner manifold the amounts of POC within the chamber and on the burners were ridiculous, I managed to scoop everything up into a pile that stood almost 3 inches off the floor (I did measure it too :eek:) anyway, I cleaned off all the gunk, swept everything out of the chamber and gave the burners a good clean with a soft brush. I even manged to get another handful of crap out of the burners themselves.

Now when I got the boiler up and going again put it on full wack for 20 minutes, the FGA was spot on, but my flame picture was terrible. Very yellow to start off with but then calmed down to blue with a yellow tinge, now obviously my thoughts went through adequate ventilation from the flue, to the gas pressure (even though this is factory set).
So it must, in my eyes be that the gauze on the burners have some rubbish left in them.

I did try taking apart the burners, but they wouldnt come away, so in fear of damaging them I carried on with the brush.

So in short :)rolleyes:) what is the best way to remove all the POCs inside the burner gauze if indeed I cannot remove them from the burners?
Or can you remove the gauzes from the burners and clean them out in hand?

Many thanks everyone,

Ryan.

Last edited by a moderator:
The fact you were disturbing all the dirt near burners and heat exchanger will have made it all dusty and probably be contributing to the slightly off flame picture, I should calm down soon.

They burn with an orangy yellow tinge after servicing as there is still dust particles on the burner and these are burning off. As said it will settle down.
If they are really bad you can remover them and give them a wash under the tap. Only a couple of nuts holding it to the assembly.

Thought it could be down to that, especially with the FGA beig correct.

Only a couple of nuts holding it to the assembly.

I did this because I took everything apart, apprently it had been serviced last year, but with the amount of crap I found I doubt it was even taken apart.

I wash the burners under a hot tap,that gets loads of muck out.

You'll hear that one a lot.

or "do you know what you are doing son? the last guy who did my fire and back boiler was only 20minutes, you have been here over an hour and have the thing in bits"

Very true Kirk:D

If someone calls me "Son" now they are on their last legs:)

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on which burner. some have gause which blocks up. If you can't seperate the end cap. wash it out with water. shake out the residue. Sounds like its OK though, if the combustion reading is good.

Just to chuck my 2 pennies worth in.

i serviced a BBU last week cleaned hoovered it sparkling clean. However when I FGAed it, it was well over stepped it again and washed trough completely and it was bob on...... Lesson learnt washbthrough every time for me!!!

regards the yellow flame as said above you disturbed loads of rubbish so it's bound to burn yellow for a bit. Give it a bit at full rate and it will get rid of the lot!!

shouldnt this be popped in the private forum now we are discussing how to work on burners etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal Mexico Burner Manifold Cleaning....Best method? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi All, I am looking to take my bath out and fit a shower. Regards to tanking. Is it ok to just seal everything with plastic rather than just...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock