Search the forum,

Discuss Ideal classic ff240 no central heating hot water ok in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tartanarmyman

Hello folks looking for some help here my brothers house an open vented system . Ideal classic ff240does not fire up
When heating is switched on. Boiler only fires up when hot water is switched on. Checked power to boiler also pump rums when heating switched on but still does not fire up. Anyone
Got anything else I can check. Also checked room stat even linked wires wire for live to call wire together and still nothing

I am gas safe registered also

Last edited by a moderator:
port valve and room stat

Tried linking the live wire and call wire that goes to the room stat but still nothing. Can't find the bloody motorised valve it aint in cupboard where cylinder and pumps are located. Pipes dissapear underfloor through wall

Tried linking the live wire and call wire that goes to the room stat but still nothing. Can't find the bloody motorised valve it aint in cupboard where cylinder and pumps are located. Pipes dissapear underfloor through wall

guess you got to go hunting

is there one on the hot water? its not a 3 port valve is it?

Nope not any valves in sight only two pumps one comes on when hot water is switched on and other pump comes on when central switched on but boiler only fires up for hot water only.

Nope not any valves in sight only two pumps one comes on when hot water is switched on and other pump comes on when central switched on but boiler only fires up for hot water only.

right ok

whats in the wiring centre ? (wiring wise)

In cupboard there is a electrical connector strip with am sure 4 grey power cables coming from wall into connector strip then the two pumps are wired in separately also the cylinder stat f

sounds like the prog is controlling the boiler and pumps, so could be a problem with the heating side of that

but system could do with updating

Also forgot to say opened the centre screw on pump for central heating when it was running but never seen any water coming out is that because motorised could be stick on hot water?

Also forgot to say opened the centre screw on pump for central heating when it was running but never seen any water coming out is that because motorised could be stick on hot water?

there might not be one depending on system (very old)

Or could it be a blockage on central heating pipework would that stop boiler firing up

When switching hot water on the boiler PCB has orange lights and turn on them boiler fires. But when central heating switched on nothing no orange lights.

When switching hot water on the boiler PCB has orange lights and turn on them boiler fires. But when central heating switched on nothing no orange lights.

When you say you have 2 pumps are they joined together ? maybe blue in colour ? has boiler got built in timer ?

Sorry should have updated my problem . Only one pump for central heating other pump is for heating water in cylinder after investigating. If programmer was faulty surely it would not switch on pump for central heating?

If it has 2 pumps there will be a relay somewhere.
That is the problem. There won't be any motorised valves

When he mentioned 2 pumps and no M/valves thought he might have had the old SMC twin pump system.

Yes two pumps in cupboard one comes on for hot water selected other comes on for heating selected. Only one header tank in loft space. Just noticed no water coming out heating pump centre screw maybe blockage possibly would that stop boiler firing up???

Not familiar with that boiler control but I did get called out to a Ferroli that had been put in summer mode by accident, took me hours to get there in traffic and saw the sunny symbol on boiler display in 3.5mS lol, otherwise I would hot wire the call for heat on CH directly on boiler and if no fire get onto manufacturer for their least expensive suggestion of parts to replace.,.., lol

This is a very basic boiler poss 20 + years old, if its fireing for hot water then nothing wrong with boiler, Hopefully OP will put up some photos of his controls & these 2 Pumps ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal classic ff240 no central heating hot water ok in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and plasterboard celling. I have got unvented pressurized RM Cylinders hot water system with 27KW Worchester gas boiler with expansion vessels . When...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
  • Question
Have a sytem boiler with unvented cylinder with 2 heating zones plus hot water in a house we moved into recently. To start with we were always amazed at the water pressure so on the odd occasion that the water was only luke warm it was easily forgiven, but over time we have come to realise that...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new well maintained Worcester combi boiler. We weren’t convinced the heating was working right and then got hit with a £610 energy bill for the first 6...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Evening All, Been having on and off issues with a Greenstar CDI classic Combi were the hot water is not heating up but only intermittently. Some days/ weeks it’s fine and works fine all of the time but on the odd occasion it’s been running cold in the following sequence. It fires up the boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a Vailant EcoTec Boiler with a Megaflo. These are controlled by a Honeywell controller. I have one 3 port diverter, where one of the outputs goes to a 2 port diverter prior to the Megaflo (I believe this is some safety feature). I have run into an intermittent problem where some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock