Discuss Ideal classic ff240 no central heating hot water ok in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also forgot to say opened the centre screw on pump for central heating when it was running but never seen any water coming out is that because motorised could be stick on hot water?

there might not be one depending on system (very old)

Or could it be a blockage on central heating pipework would that stop boiler firing up

When switching hot water on the boiler PCB has orange lights and turn on them boiler fires. But when central heating switched on nothing no orange lights.

When switching hot water on the boiler PCB has orange lights and turn on them boiler fires. But when central heating switched on nothing no orange lights.

When you say you have 2 pumps are they joined together ? maybe blue in colour ? has boiler got built in timer ?

Sorry should have updated my problem . Only one pump for central heating other pump is for heating water in cylinder after investigating. If programmer was faulty surely it would not switch on pump for central heating?

If it has 2 pumps there will be a relay somewhere.
That is the problem. There won't be any motorised valves

When he mentioned 2 pumps and no M/valves thought he might have had the old SMC twin pump system.

Yes two pumps in cupboard one comes on for hot water selected other comes on for heating selected. Only one header tank in loft space. Just noticed no water coming out heating pump centre screw maybe blockage possibly would that stop boiler firing up???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ideal classic ff240 no central heating hot water ok in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock