Search the forum,

Discuss I want to start a boiler service/install company where do i start? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
X

xboilx

Hello guys Iam really interested in starting a boiler service/install company. I have no experience at the moment dealing with boilers or any plumbing experience as well for that matter. I have no idea where to start can anyone help me?

What is your current job and why do you want to go into this trade?

I want to be a millionaire, all donation too ..........................:)

I iam a plaster by trade but this is job I think I would really love to do.

I iam a plaster by trade but this is job I think I would really love to do.

Is there not much work for plasterer's where you are or something?

and really I somehow doubt it's going make me my first million, its something I will do in my spare time. :)

you could get a lot of help and advice from here, or not!!!.

swear again on my forum you will be removed permanently and then you will get none!!!!

simples.

Iam really just interested in doing this work in my free time I dont really want to take on multi million pound companies. Do I need to get qualifications to work on oil boilers?

Is it oil or gas you want to get into?

Edit: Nevermind, you said oil.

Oil I suppose to start with

Are there many people using oil boilers in the area you want to provide your service to?

its not something you go out and learn in your spare time, if you want to work in oil the sort of investment my well put you off, i expect my tools would cost around ÂŁ5k to replace if not more and spares in the van were over ÂŁÂŁ2k last time I checked. With out seeming rude, youre idea is somewhat insulting to say the least.

I really didnt expect that much money to be involved in the tools.

Last edited by a moderator:
you need to check the competition in your area and further like dunstable, aylesbury etc as folk will travel to those jobs like bg.
no good if your not cheaper!

you need to check the competition in your area and further like dunstable, aylesbury etc as folk will travel to those jobs like bg.
no good if your not cheaper!

I'm wondering if our red is on the plonk tonight, on a different planet??:)

you do need to know what your doing to prevent you killing someone tho.

I'm wondering if our red is on the plonk tonight, on a different planet??:)
I had a picture in my head of a plane taking off and heading North West with 'Aylesbury Plumbing & Heating' painted on the side.

I know I don't have to be qualified in Northern Ireland to do this work but I think this would give me the edge over the rest. If I did OFT 50 - Domestic Oil and OFT 105e - Domestic /Light Commercial Oil Firing Installation Course would I be right in saying that I could service and install oil boilers?

You need oft50, oft101, oft105e and oft600. Talk to David at CCTS. But then you'll have the tickets and no experience. So you'll need to find someone you can phone when you're stuck.

You'll also need all your test equipment which needs to be calibrated annually.

Plus insurances etc.

Thereabouts in Down? I can point couple of existing companies your way, save you some money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to I want to start a boiler service/install company where do i start? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I’m finding it hard breaking into the industry. I’m a trainee plumber living in London Hello, I'm a trainee plumber who lives in London who's found it challenging trying to find a place to work, or gain experience in order to obtain my nvq level 2 even though I've passed my level 2 diploma 2...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler, and where the pipes come in is in a room at the front of the house. I am about to box them in but I really wanted to understand what the various pipes...
Replies
Views
Hi, moved into a home a year ago with what is probably an old heating system. There is a gas boiler linking to radiator central heating, and a water tank. Energy company charged an enormous amount for gas last winter (admittedly I hadn't taken regular meter readings so was unaware until a huge...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm really here with the agenda of getting other peoples thoughts on charging deposits. To date I usually charge a third of my labour to hold a date for a customer. I've had no issues until recently where 2 of my prospective clients have tried to negotiate a lower deposit or change the...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts needed to operate it are now new. The symptoms indicated a broken/seized burner motor or oil pump. I wrongly assumed the motor so I ordered a new one only...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock