Discuss How long to install an unvented hot water tank ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

garygtd

I have a conventional gravity fed copper cylinder which is about 30 years old and planning to change to a direct mains fed hot water tank. Boiler is Gas and new (2-3 years old). I understand directed feed tanks need a drain outlet and a 22mm mains feed so that will add to the time but how long should I expect to be without hot water heating etc ?:disappointed:

i agree with stan, min of 1 day possibly going into a second

2 days min imo. new controls and wiring, discharge, cold main, balanced cold, heating sealed, commission etc.........

I'd say 2 days but I would only expect to leave the house with no hat water for the duration of the 2nd. The first day would be getting the main up in front of the airing and the discharge down and out have an early finish the next day is hard graft. Doing all the changeover that's where you'd be without heat and hot water

yep 2 days min on my own, but would also make sure any work booked in on day 3 was move-able 'just in case'

depends on whether you have easy access to ext walls floorboards or mdf panels, easy access to cupboard or does whole frame have to come off to get new cyl in , state of current heating pipework to name but a few issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long to install an unvented hot water tank ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock