Discuss How long to install an unvented hot water tank ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

garygtd

I have a conventional gravity fed copper cylinder which is about 30 years old and planning to change to a direct mains fed hot water tank. Boiler is Gas and new (2-3 years old). I understand directed feed tanks need a drain outlet and a 22mm mains feed so that will add to the time but how long should I expect to be without hot water heating etc ?:disappointed:

i agree with stan, min of 1 day possibly going into a second

2 days min imo. new controls and wiring, discharge, cold main, balanced cold, heating sealed, commission etc.........

I'd say 2 days but I would only expect to leave the house with no hat water for the duration of the 2nd. The first day would be getting the main up in front of the airing and the discharge down and out have an early finish the next day is hard graft. Doing all the changeover that's where you'd be without heat and hot water

yep 2 days min on my own, but would also make sure any work booked in on day 3 was move-able 'just in case'

depends on whether you have easy access to ext walls floorboards or mdf panels, easy access to cupboard or does whole frame have to come off to get new cyl in , state of current heating pipework to name but a few issues.

I was so expecting everyone to start writing:

"a day tops, but probably half" and for me to feel like a slow coach.

Refreshing to hear some honest answers.

PS - it'll take me around a month, plus tea breaks.....it'll be done by Christmas. :santa3:

I have a conventional gravity fed copper cylinder which is about 30 years old and planning to change to a direct mains fed hot water tank. Boiler is Gas and new (2-3 years old). I understand directed feed tanks need a drain outlet and a 22mm mains feed so that will add to the time but how long should I expect to be without hot water heating etc ?:disappointed:

Ripped out tank and cylinder,re piped s plan,fitted unvented filled up,had a temp lead fitted to immersion,got it working for 5.00 pm,did it subbing for a mate's company.The customer was a Docter living on her own she had been ripped off by some dubious builders

everybody works at different speeds and those who have priced wrong will rush into it like a tornado and will be sorted in a few hours

those that have priced accordingly and put in decent quality of work would probably have it done without any carpet damage scratches all over the cupboard and taken care in your home in two days

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to How long to install an unvented hot water tank ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back