Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK - so this isn't plumbing related specifically but is trade related, and may help someone who uses Makita cordless tools.

I have lots of Makita stuff and therefore need lots of batteries. So when one died recently, I popped to buy a new one. Toolstation are selling the new 4ah batteries for about £85 which I know isn't super cheap, but when you consider it will definitely be genuine and that until last month Screwfix wanted £149 for a 3Ah it seems a deal.

So I bought 2 of em. When they arrived they wouldn't fit into any of my 3Ah tools. I quickly realised why, and with the Dremel sorted it in under a minute. The 4Ah isn't going to damage my tools just last longer than a 3Ah. So don't worry about that.

Attached are some photos. I hope this is clear, and it may help someone! IMG_6616.jpg
IMG_6618.jpg

PS - so far the 4Ah batteries do last a fair bit longer than the 3's.

I must add, after doing this, I won't be able to return them if they fail in the first 12 months, but I'm not really concerned about that. Also checked the web prices out of the 4Ah I can't see anyone doing them as cheap.

Okay thanks. Now let's say you have a jg tee and a polyplumb pipe! The way round would be to use the polyplumb pipe insert

or just use the right plastic insert and a brass compression fitting (can join many plastic sins), sorted.

I use all Bosch and always Have And always Do. Magnificent power

I must add, after doing this, I won't be able to return them if they fail in the first 12 months, but I'm not really concerned about that. Also checked the web prices out of the 4Ah I can't see anyone doing them as cheap.

I wonder why makita bring out new 4ah battery's then try not to let us use em on are kit?

Dunno, its weird. Which is why I didn't check it before I bought the batteries. I would have been annoyed if there wasn't a work around. They probably do work on the latest 'brushless' tools. Don't know.

Are we using the right domain ere.. good night lads

u2asuba3.jpg

When your on a job and there isn't one it's polite to fit one. Sick of muppets who fit system or do a boiler swap and neglect to spend £3.49 and two mins to fit them !!!!!!!

A quid for doff in local merchants, 12 quid for ten e feed tees in tool station I think I've just paid

Check this link on the 4ah batts

[DLMURL="http://www.makitauk.com/lithium-ion-40ah.html"]Makita UK - Lithium-ion 4.0Ah[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
OK - so this isn't plumbing related specifically but is trade related, and may help someone who uses Makita cordless tools.

I have lots of Makita stuff and therefore need lots of batteries. So when one died recently, I popped to buy a new one. Toolstation are selling the new 4ah batteries for about £85 which I know isn't super cheap, but when you consider it will definitely be genuine and that until last month Screwfix wanted £149 for a 3Ah it seems a deal.

So I bought 2 of em. When they arrived they wouldn't fit into any of my 3Ah tools. I quickly realised why, and with the Dremel sorted it in under a minute. The 4Ah isn't going to damage my tools just last longer than a 3Ah. So don't worry about that.

Attached are some photos. I hope this is clear, and it may help someone!View attachment 16833
View attachment 16834

PS - so far the 4Ah batteries do last a fair bit longer than the 3's.

uhe7anud.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, My current hot water system needs to be replaced. Anyone got any suggestions or can recommend any plumbers around Derrimut area that won't...
Replies
Views
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
I have an ideal vogue max S18 boiler and I’m considering fitting auto balancing TRVs, my question relates to the boilers pump. I see a boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock