Discuss Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please!

Tried Subby's tip about making 10mm/8mm reducer today (Tip no. 496). Fantastic! Cheers.

Used yours on turning the nut anticlockwise first to find the thread today to screw a trap on an old waste so cheers back!

dont do this on gas, not an approved fitting or method
I hear you. No. this was to extend microbore pipework to accomodate altered rad position. Cust dont wanna pay to upgrade to 15mm. Incidentally, put my Bosch multitool through it's paces on some new laid, very tight t&g flooring. So sweet! Couldn't help thinking that job would have been so much easier had they called me before they laid the floor' though.

Machine mart do a small grinding wheel that fits in your cordless drill, about 2" or so Dia. works a treat on chrome pipe.

If your in a merchants where you dont know the lads in there never take the first price on parts. they usually drop at least 20%.

Last edited by a moderator:

Always tell the customer not to use the loo before you start removing the stack!

Got a push button syphon where someone has cut the actuating rods short? A stainless steel self tapper in the bottom of the rod makes an adjustable extension to the rod.

If your in a merchants where you dont know the lads in there , get on their right side by taking in some donuts.

There you go longboat - I fixed your post for you. Don't mention it, 'twas my pleasure.

If you're a merchant and don't know the customer offer them freebies and coffee that doesn't taste like gnats wee!

Nothing like removing a section when a richard rushes past your ear.

haha i did this once thinking the teeth would bite in and had never known any different! i was very wrong. compression fittings or de-chromed and soldered afterwards! apparently there is a tool that cuts a lip down to the copper for tectite fittings and or speedfit etc. I have never seen or used one so does anyone know of this tool? after my little mishap i didn't dare try again although i have been told it is possible but with a certain tool?!?!?!?

Got a push button syphon where someone has cut the actuating rods short? A stainless steel self tapper in the bottom of the rod makes an adjustable extension to the rod.
brilliant idea i'm gonna use that one if i ever come across this prob again which im sure i will lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hints, tips & secrets of plumbing - No Banter please! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back