Discuss Has my hot water cylinder coil broke? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Fill the boiler up to 1 bar once the cylinder has stopped draining does the cylinder start running with water

Fill the boiler up to 1 bar once the cylinder has stopped draining does the cylinder start running with water
Thanks.

Currently the cyclinder is still running at a slow pace into the washing up bowl which I keep emptying. Water slightly browned.

To fill up the boiler I guess I just need to open the cold water isolation above the tank (which will fill the tank again) but t will also provide water to the filling loop which is above the tanke (which I need to use to raise the boiler to 1 bar) Is that right?

Have you got a pic ?

Attachments

• EFCAFF28-C9DC-4F3B-BB59-CF5B3C92E941.jpeg
    EFCAFF28-C9DC-4F3B-BB59-CF5B3C92E941.jpeg
    264.9 KB · Views: 21
Open a hot water tap to allow air in and help drain the pipework. (The glugging sound on the video is the clue that this is needed.)
Ive had the nearest hot tap open througout the drainning

This slight flow that has been draining out from a short refill has just finished. Took a long time, and cant help but feel more water than what I let back in the tank just to wash ip up again.

I have refilled the tank completely now, its full but some pressure is returning to the boiler 0.2 Bar to 0.7bar, the filling loop valve is shut.

How can the CH pressure increase by filling the DHW tank if they are separate systems? Is this not a sign that there is A breach i.e. coil split/perforated

So you filled the ch sys to 1 bar then opened / left open the cylinder drain and water came out and the boiler pressure went down ?

So, the tank refill was complete, central heating and hot water

I’ve still not opened the filling loop to fill the boiler/central heating system but the boilder pressure
So you filled the ch sys to 1 bar then opened / left open the cylinder drain and water came out and the boiler pressure went down ?
yes, as above. Ive tried tried to do this. I did go a bit past 1 bar in filling back, but in my configuration, opening the filling loop and the col water valve (on the picture I put that you asked for) water is also going into the empty tank at the same TimE (not sure that is what you intended.

I began to drain the tank/cyclinder, opened a hot water tap to let air escape, drained the cylinder totally and the pressure at the boiler dropped to as it was ealrier in the day when emptied (about 0.2 bar) the water was a little discoloured.

Reply to Has my hot water cylinder coil broke? in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a 2 pump hot water tank (Flomax 180L fitted in '94) in airing cupboard system with an Ideal classic boiler (downstairs next to an external...
Replies
Views
I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment block where generally hot water is supplied from the communal hot water cylinder and cold water to bathrooms is supplied...
Replies
Views
I live in an apartment with a cold water tank. The cold water tank feeds the cold water tap in the sink and the bath. Recently, I refurbished my...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock