Search the forum,

Discuss Combi boiler: my hot water has started running lukewarm. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I have a Combi boiler and, a few minutes ago I turned on the hot tap in the kitchen and the water was far from hot. In fact, it was decidedly lukewarm.
I checked the boiler and the tap icon was lit up, showing it was delivering hot water to the taps and I could hear the boiler running and the temperature indicator was climbing from 50° to 54°. However, I checked my tap water with a thermometer and it was only 25°.
I also checked the water in the bathroom, and it was similar.
I have no idea what's wrong. Can anybody help?

Hello CJG,
No, nobody has been near the boiler but the interesting thing is that I've just been into the kitchen again and I turned the hot water on and it felt normal. I checked the temperature and it was 37°.
I think the boiler temperature for hot water is set to 44° so I don't know if that sort of drop in temperature is normal between the boiler and the kitchen tap.

mine is set at 50,, rememmber its getting colder outside so colder in let to combi it has to bring that temp up, but if you have to fast a flow on tap it will run cooler, turn tap down temp will go up
hope that explains thing.

Reply to Combi boiler: my hot water has started running lukewarm. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Hi all, thanks for adding me. My Veissmann v50 combi gas boiler has recently started to supply only lukewarm water to the bathroom above it. This is about 3 metres away, so quite a short pipe run. It supplies hot water fine to the kitchen taps, which are about 1 metre away. It also supplies very...
Replies
Views
PLUMBING ADVICE NEEDED Combi boiler in our house, downstairs water seems to be piping hot. Upstairs basin, bath and shower only ever seems to be lukewarm - so much so that no one even wants to bath as it never gets hot enough! Open to suggestions as to what it might be and if anyone can...
Replies
Views
I have a Worcester Greenstar gas boiler circa 2017. There has been a noise coming from the boiler which resembles running water, I have checked the system pressure at 1.5bar and the relief valve but the noise persists unless a hot water tap in the house is opened then it stops for a period of...
Replies
Views
  • Question
My son moved to a new build home in Cornwall last November. Yesterday evening he found a quantity of water beneath the Ideal Combi boiler and a steady water drip from the boiler. After clearing up and putting a container beneath the boiler, he went to bed. This morning the water drip had...
Replies
Views
M
Hi, I woke up this morning with cold water (mains) from downstairs tap but no hot water from downstairs tap, and no water at all from all the upstairs taps, I have a combi boiler and no water storage
Replies
Views
Mike Young
M
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock