Search the forum,

Discuss Ground floor toilet waste location in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Busy rebuilding an old bathroom in an old cottage. Bathroom is downstairs and on removing the toilet I can see it goes straight into the ground (see photo). We did want to site the loo about 3ft to the right but cannot for the an extension to the pipe through the cabinets. I could box off the pipe but then the cabinets and the loo will be further into the room. Would it be feasible to dig into the concrete and route the pipe under the cabinet. What amount of drop would I need for the waste to flow ok? Is a waste pipe ok with 2 90 degree turns? Can anyone suggest any ideas or spot a solution I may have missed? The reason I don’t want the loo in the same place is that there will be a bath immediately left of the pipe location so the loo would block some access to the bath and also not the nicest location - thanks for any advice
5B027E20-B324-40B0-A3DB-4D70E7C8F8EC.jpeg
4AAC02D2-315E-458C-A9FE-32EBB0C2B57C.jpeg
D8B98FD5-24F6-40C5-A26D-DC78DF47DFD4.jpeg
E3E5DC14-A5DF-46F3-8294-17777468C8C6.jpeg
624D2D2F-F3ED-41E9-9B68-783686B5AB4C.jpeg

The simplest way would be to extend the pipe above the floor and cut and fit the cabinets over it.
Then box in inside the cabinet.
Note, Lady of the house will probably complain about loss of storage space.😡
Where the pipe drops now would need to be a Tee with access cap for future rodding.
The basin waste could drop straight in the new pipe.

Alternately, yes dig up the floor but as the pipe in the floor looks to be plastic it may have already been moved, possibly back closer to the wall.
Pull the pan connector and see if the pipe drops straight down.
If it doesn't go straight down more digging may be needed.
You may still need a Tee / access as it drops in the floor but it could be under the cabinet bottom shelf.

Reply to Ground floor toilet waste location in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, just want to get advice, i want to replace venten to unvented cylinder, is it ok to install D2 pipe to toilet waste pipe see picture? as there is no easy options to get it outside.
Replies
Views
As part of a slow DIY bathroom refit I've removed the old toilet from the original location next to the soil pipe (and obviously capped off the branch) and plan to place it the opposite end of the room. I was pretty lucky to find a 110mm sewer waste pipe below the old sink which is the new...
Replies
Views
60's ranch, with single bathroom. Tile over concrete slab. Toilet is about a foot from exterior brick wall. Vent pipe is in interior wall behind toilet. There's a concrete patio outside the bathroom, that extends about 10 feet from the wall. I'm considering adding an ADU in the back yard, and it...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not very convenient. I’ll be looking to sell on once completed and people basically expect a bathroom per bedroom these days 🙄 so need to get creative. As...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock