Search the forum,

Discuss Awkward listed renovation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

I’m about to embark on a new listed building restoration project. There are seven bedrooms and three bathrooms, one of which in downstairs so not very convenient. I’ll be looking to sell on once completed and people basically expect a bathroom per bedroom these days 🙄 so need to get creative. As it’s listed and expensive I’m keen not to do much structural work. The two main bedrooms should have enough space to add ‘open plan’ baths, sinks and toilets but they’re not especially close to a soil stack or other waste.
I’m interested in opinions on open plan bathrooms and macerators. I’ve heard they just clog all the time but I don’t see much choice. I could do a pump for the grey and smaller macerator for toilet as it doesn’t look like many can cope with the outflow of a bath. Any recommended brands and models? Probably a 10m run, maybe going up a floor to keep things looking clean.

It sounds like you've got quite the project on your hands, with those seven bedrooms and three bathrooms in need of some TLC. And don't even get me started on the struggle of modern expectations versus historical constraints – it's enough to make anyone roll their eyes!

Let's talk open plan bathrooms and macerators, now, I get it – the idea of open plan bathrooms might seem a bit out there, but hey, desperate times call for creative solutions, right?

As for macerators, I hear your concerns about clogging, but sometimes we've got to work with what we've got. A pump for the grey and a smaller macerator for the toilet sounds like a solid plan. When it comes to brands and models, it's all about finding the right balance of reliability and efficiency.

I've heard good things about brands like Saniflo and Grundfos – they've got a reputation for quality and performance. But hey, don't just take my word for it – do a bit of research, read some reviews.

And if you need to run pipes up a floor to keep things looking clean and tidy, go for it! A little extra effort now could make all the difference in the long run.

Reply to Awkward listed renovation in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16 mm copper water pipe. I exposed the pipe by removing a ~30cm section of the plastic sleeve and a ~10 cm section of the pipe around the hole. Several...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock