Search the forum,

Discuss got no heating or hotwater!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

no heating

i have a potterton performa 24 combi which has stopped working this afternoon. the flame failure light has come on and won't reset, resulting in no heating etc.....

on trying to reset it, the pump and fan start, run for about 3 sec's then it shut down.

anybody got any ideas please!?:mad:

oh yes whats the bets its a 24 he and this coMbi go,s strait to flame failure when this freezes up(unlike some lesser makes which ruin pcbs/fans etc) LOL

is it a he(high efficiency?) is there a white over flow pipe coming off the rh side?

and a mechanic is equal to a plumber in terms of problem solving

when you know what your looking at yeah! no pistons, plugs....

ok then basics first,have you got gas and is the water pressure showing 1 bar?

you need to check the pump pressure switch is operational open her up,its on the back of diverter valve,the big brass lump lh side see if the pin moves into the micro switch on ch demand

no ignition taking place have you a multi meter and clear on basic electrics?

no multi meter sadly. has been running for a couple of hours but keeps going to flame failure then completely locks out. went thru the fault finding flow chart which mentioned the safety themostat which i reset (possibly!!) and it ran after that. now it's died again......

try resetting it again there could be a few possibiltys in regards to over heating could be pump weak,gas pressures to high or corrosion one thing you can try>take the filter out of the return(22mm pipe rh side) turn the isolation valve off theres a mesh filter in under the cap on the front of valve there which can block with crap,clean it re turn on iso and try the boiler,bear in mind the filter could be in the flow if the fitter cocked up valves try this report back

tried to take out the filter with all isolaters turned off and the system started draining!! is it safe/advisable to bypass the safety stat to test if thats the problem?

no dont bypass it could fracture a joint,this is a very good boiler(so dont be rail roaded into replacing it) you need to call a gsr or be quick and get the filter out to check it

gonna try the filter again, is it normal for the system to remain pressurised with all the isolaters shut??

got it out in the end and its clean. thanks for all your help gasman

yes thank you, turned to be the pcb at fault. new one fitted and its running like a dream

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to got no heating or hotwater!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler up until now with regular servicing. When the heating is turned on the boiler ignites and looks to start up but then a few seconds in, knocking sounds...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and rather dated Heatmiser DT thermostats. One of the upstairs zones is combined for the bedroom/dressing room. So that's 2 rooms, 2 manifolds, but one...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at time it kind of working, only for one at time (and partially hot), depending on the priority in the system. We contacted Valliant for assistance...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or garden, run-of-the-mill British housing estate CH setup. Downstairs radiator, 1 of 2 in our living room, went cold one evening mid-November last...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock