Discuss got no heating or hotwater!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
you need to check the pump pressure switch is operational open her up,its on the back of diverter valve,the big brass lump lh side see if the pin moves into the micro switch on ch demand

no ignition taking place have you a multi meter and clear on basic electrics?

no multi meter sadly. has been running for a couple of hours but keeps going to flame failure then completely locks out. went thru the fault finding flow chart which mentioned the safety themostat which i reset (possibly!!) and it ran after that. now it's died again......

try resetting it again there could be a few possibiltys in regards to over heating could be pump weak,gas pressures to high or corrosion one thing you can try>take the filter out of the return(22mm pipe rh side) turn the isolation valve off theres a mesh filter in under the cap on the front of valve there which can block with crap,clean it re turn on iso and try the boiler,bear in mind the filter could be in the flow if the fitter cocked up valves try this report back

tried to take out the filter with all isolaters turned off and the system started draining!! is it safe/advisable to bypass the safety stat to test if thats the problem?

no dont bypass it could fracture a joint,this is a very good boiler(so dont be rail roaded into replacing it) you need to call a gsr or be quick and get the filter out to check it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to got no heating or hotwater!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
Afternoon Fellas If anyone has time to help with this snag it'd be much appreciated. We have a wet-floor system controlled by John Guest UH3 and...
Replies
Views
Hello, recently our boiler stopped working properly, causing a lack of heat in our 14-radiator splitter in 3 storeys. having only one boiler at...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock