Search the forum,

Discuss Main 24HE constantly cutting out and firing back up on HW and Heating and intermittent flame failure light. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

I am having a problem with my main 24he boiler where the flame is constantly clicking on and off with the heating and when using hot water. Some times the flame failure light comes on but it ignites again after a few seconds. The plumber has changed a couple of sensors on the boiler and checked the filters are not blocked but it is still doing the same thing. When you are in the shower you have to turn the thermostat up further because you can feel the temperature of the water fluctuate but it does not go cold. Anybody any idea what the problem could be?

It sounds like your boiler may be experiencing issues with its ignition system or there might be a problem with the gas supply pressure. It's also possible that the heat exchanger is partially blocked, affecting the flame stability and causing temperature fluctuations. Given the complexity, we'd recommend getting a qualified technician to check the gas pressure, inspect the heat exchanger for blockages, and assess the boiler's control board. Plus always remember that regular servicing and cleaning of the boiler's components can prevent such issues. Hope this helps you out a bit - and good luck!

It sounds like your boiler may be experiencing issues with its ignition system or there might be a problem with the gas supply pressure. It's also possible that the heat exchanger is partially blocked, affecting the flame stability and causing temperature fluctuations. Given the complexity, we'd recommend getting a qualified technician to check the gas pressure, inspect the heat exchanger for blockages, and assess the boiler's control board. Plus always remember that regular servicing and cleaning of the boiler's components can prevent such issues. Hope this helps you out a bit - and good luck!
The plumber has drained the system and put inhibitor in. Is there anything else that could be the problem?

The plumber has drained the system and put inhibitor in. Is there anything else that could be the problem?
Couple of possible things spring to mind: could be a faulty diverter valve, air locks in the system, a malfunctioning thermostat, or even perhaps electrical connections that are not secure. Hard to know for sure without a thorough inspection of course.

Reply to Main 24HE constantly cutting out and firing back up on HW and Heating and intermittent flame failure light. in the Central Heating Forum area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold then would get hot water most of the time. Changing the flow cartridge about 2 years ago (when I moved in) solved this problem enough to suffer it as...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer warming up. The heat exchanger has been changed 6 months ago, so I do not believe it is that. Does anyone have any ideas on what it could be? Thanks
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock