Discuss Gas useage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tech12

Hi Guys: Recently had a new heating system installed in my house.All rads have trv's, thermostat in dining room & an Ideal Logic Combined30 boiler. Supposed to be very efficient & cost effective to run.Doesn't seem to be that cost effective at the moment, we're going throughabout £49.00 a week in gas. This compared to our old Myson compact boilerwith no trv's or room stat which was running about £35.00 a week over thewinter, i know gas prices have gone up but that seems a bit excessive.Any suggestions ?.Thanks : Andy

What size house and how many radiators do you have

I would think something's wrong there, how are you calculating the £50 in gas ??

Hi Guys: Thanks for the replies.Re- Meady: It's a terraced house, 8 rooms in total with a rad in each.Re-townfanjon: It's on a prepayment meter & that's what I put in each week.cooking is Electric so it's just Heating / Water on the gas.Re-wetdrip: Sorry no, 8 rads & 7 trv's.Andy

Hi guys: Sorry my original reply seems to have disappeared.Meady: It's a small stone built 3 bed terraced with 8 rads.Townfanjon: It's a pre-pay meter & that's what we use each weekthat's for water & heating only.Wetdrip: Sorry no, there's 8 rads but 7 trv's.Andy

Is the house Generally Warmer, the same or colder than with the old boiler?
Are you using similar amounts of hot water as before?

Has the rate been changed on the meter to cover any previous debt?

Prepay meters, oh dear oh dear , try get it changed , it will make a difference. Heard on the news today that some customers would be reimbursed because loads had been overcharged ( sorry didn't hear where )

I average £55 a month over the year for both gas and electric combined. That's for a 3 bed semi detached house with 10 radiators.

Last edited:
We pay 12 @ £120 per month for gas and electric, so it balances out summer/winter, but Glasgow summers are only 3 days long, my wife works from home as a child minder and I work from home too now, and our heating is on a lot during the day, so I'm quite happy with that charge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas useage in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised...
Replies
Views
I would like to add an additional radiator to our central heating system. We have an attached double garage converted to a man-cave and workshop...
Replies
Views
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
Hi looking for some advice here if anyone would be so kind. Our existing system consists of an Ideal Logic Heat H15 heat only boiler paired to a...
Replies
Views
N
Hi! We're looking for a consult for our 1905 built (renovated in 2010) victorian house for the future of our heating system. The house is 2...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock