Discuss Gas pipe sizing technique in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Screenshot_2015-06-22-13-01-26.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-22-13-01-26.jpg

are you asking the question or someone else :D ????

I am asking the question. I can't seem remember when to stop dividing by 3 and then divide by 2.

It's how to turn the pipe into how many sections that's confusing mee

the drawing you have supplied would be done into 3 sections (a-b) meter - to first t, (b-c) first t - 20kw appliance, (b-d) first t - 40kw appliance, hope this helps

Yep.

Section 1 - Meter to tee 60kw

Section 2 - Tee to 20kw appliance

Section 3 - Tee to 40kw appliance

I think the logic books make pipe sizing confusing.

Last edited:
A - b
b - c
b - d
d - e
d - f
f - g
f - h

can i ask the yea old master why he didnt go from a - h and just add the kw/m3h from g and e?

Still not getting it. Why did you miss the F out? Also, which ones would you x by 3 and not 4 and so on

didnt see it was listed sorry :D revised one

a - h ( But for working out you add appliances g and e (kw/m3h) in as well)
b - c
d - e
F - g

i knew i seen that somewhere

have a read mut

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Last edited:
20150623_123450.jpg

My lunch break education. So, according to my calculations with a U16 meter and these gas pipe sizes I am able to work on this install as it it less than 0.035.

It is the same method used in tolleys book.

I still don't understand in the viper book why they only x the last section by 2 to get the drop and not 3 like the rest of them?

View attachment 22047

My lunch break education. So, according to my calculations with a U16 meter and these gas pipe sizes I am able to work on this install as it it less than 0.035.

It is the same method used in tolleys book.

I still don't understand in the viper book why they only x the last section by 2 to get the drop and not 3 like the rest of them?

is it the old viper? and good lad you got there in the end, and btw thats one big cooker at 20kw :D

Yeah it is a range cooker that. It is the viper book yes. But I still don't understand this...Screenshot_2015-06-23-17-40-14.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-23-17-40-43.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe sizing technique in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes...
Replies
Views
It's not every day I deal with 110mm soil pipes, therefore I do not have a selection of different fittings at hand to try what combination fits my...
Replies
Views
I know no one really does. But technically why should we use bonding clamps when we cut a section of gas or water pipes out? Thanks.
Replies
Views
  • Question
What size coupler do I need to connect soil pipe to main drain - please see photos
Replies
Views
I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock