Search the forum,

Discuss Gas pipe sizing technique in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Screenshot_2015-06-22-13-01-26.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-22-13-01-26.jpg

are you asking the question or someone else :D ????

I am asking the question. I can't seem remember when to stop dividing by 3 and then divide by 2.

It's how to turn the pipe into how many sections that's confusing mee

the drawing you have supplied would be done into 3 sections (a-b) meter - to first t, (b-c) first t - 20kw appliance, (b-d) first t - 40kw appliance, hope this helps

Yep.

Section 1 - Meter to tee 60kw

Section 2 - Tee to 20kw appliance

Section 3 - Tee to 40kw appliance

I think the logic books make pipe sizing confusing.

Last edited:
A - b
b - c
b - d
d - e
d - f
f - g
f - h

can i ask the yea old master why he didnt go from a - h and just add the kw/m3h from g and e?

Still not getting it. Why did you miss the F out? Also, which ones would you x by 3 and not 4 and so on

didnt see it was listed sorry :D revised one

a - h ( But for working out you add appliances g and e (kw/m3h) in as well)
b - c
d - e
F - g

i knew i seen that somewhere

have a read mut

image2.jpg

image1.jpg

Last edited:
20150623_123450.jpg

My lunch break education. So, according to my calculations with a U16 meter and these gas pipe sizes I am able to work on this install as it it less than 0.035.

It is the same method used in tolleys book.

I still don't understand in the viper book why they only x the last section by 2 to get the drop and not 3 like the rest of them?

View attachment 22047

My lunch break education. So, according to my calculations with a U16 meter and these gas pipe sizes I am able to work on this install as it it less than 0.035.

It is the same method used in tolleys book.

I still don't understand in the viper book why they only x the last section by 2 to get the drop and not 3 like the rest of them?

is it the old viper? and good lad you got there in the end, and btw thats one big cooker at 20kw :D

Yeah it is a range cooker that. It is the viper book yes. But I still don't understand this...Screenshot_2015-06-23-17-40-14.jpgScreenshot_2015-06-23-17-40-43.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe sizing technique in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock