Discuss Gas pipe routing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

stratplus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Timber frame house, this is pic of gas pipe on first fix ready to board over:

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1405019831314.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1405019831314.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 58
worcester boiler with centre flue to be cored through timber stud (which is all that holds pattress) and a bunch of cables. I love it when people take the time to think about what they're doing :banghead:

Is the gas pipe sleeved? otherwise it cant be there as if there is a leak it will fill the cavity. I wouldnt want to fit a boiler to that I would have the timber fixed to both sides of the stud work

the gas pipe needs to be in a timber boxing/ channel filled with fibreglass with a protective plate over it imo. Like you would have seen on the T vale type jobs.

you need to consider that a leak would fill the surrounding area to which electric cables/ switches are present. a flick of the switch and any explosive mixture will go bang.

you also need to consider the sleeving of the flue system? nail clips are designed to hold in foam lol.

whats the timber for on the side wall? looks like a planned kitchen cupboard in front of the boiler, the boiler would be better on the side wall the gas run surface on the plasterboard and a boxing under the boiler between boiler cupboard and worktop.

what builder is it paul? who 1st fixed it?

the gas pipe needs to be in a timber boxing/ channel filled with fibreglass with a protective plate over it imo. Like you would have seen on the T vale type jobs.

you need to consider that a leak would fill the surrounding area to which electric cables/ switches are present. a flick of the switch and any explosive mixture will go bang.

you also need to consider the sleeving of the flue system? nail clips are designed to hold in foam lol.

whats the timber for on the side wall? looks like a planned kitchen cupboard in front of the boiler, the boiler would be better on the side wall the gas run surface on the plasterboard and a boxing under the boiler between boiler cupboard and worktop.

what builder is it paul? who 1st fixed it?

Lol, I can't tell you that on here Adam. It certainly wasn't me but there are 18 houses, 17 are boarded and this was the last to be boarded so they have all been left like the pic.
Shocking, how do the nhbc not pick this stuff up?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe routing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I have decided to remove the timber floor boards and joists as they are effected by damp and rotting. Was hoping to infill and have slab and...
Replies
Views
We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes...
Replies
Views
Hi, Non-professional / knowledgeable person here. I'm a Brit in Romania who volunteers for a charity building an old peoples home for needy old...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
I know no one really does. But technically why should we use bonding clamps when we cut a section of gas or water pipes out? Thanks.
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock