Discuss Gas pipe behind plaster board wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its existing its NCS, if you started to deem this AR you could turn off 80% of new build houses.

GIUSP 5.12..... AR (i just checked to make sure)

90% of the new build in the country are done wrong and they know it.
What gets done?
FK all.

GIUSP 5.12..... AR (i just checked to make sure)

90% of the new build in the country are done wrong and they know it.
What gets done?
FK all.

i agree. i got chucked off 1/2 of a new build job (job was split in two) because i refused to turn on the first 14 properties when i discovered the pipework had not been covered. New builds are a joke, builders are a joke.

At the risk of sounding contentious if the dry wall isn't sealed to the ceiling space then it's vented through the ceiling space and is no different to pipes run under floor boards. Thus no cavity?

Who are we to wonder why our is but to do or die.

The builders don't care, GSR don't care, most engineers don't care and nobody will until a couple of houses blow up.

I think this illustrates the issue with plumbers first fix!

I still maintain that if dot dab isn't sealed at the ceiling/wall plate then it can not constitute a cavity!

Only way to be sure is to surface lay or chase and fill.... Simples.

I'd be more worried about Mrs Jones wacking a nail through it to hang her picture on!

I'd be more worried about Mrs Jones wacking a nail through it to hang her picture on!

How would a solid bead of dry wall adhesive prevent that?

Unless you fit it in a purpose built deflector trunking then Mrs Jones just better watch herself haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe behind plaster board wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock