Discuss Gas pipe behind plaster board wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
if its existing its NCS, if you started to deem this AR you could turn off 80% of new build houses.

GIUSP 5.12..... AR (i just checked to make sure)

90% of the new build in the country are done wrong and they know it.
What gets done?
FK all.

GIUSP 5.12..... AR (i just checked to make sure)

90% of the new build in the country are done wrong and they know it.
What gets done?
FK all.

i agree. i got chucked off 1/2 of a new build job (job was split in two) because i refused to turn on the first 14 properties when i discovered the pipework had not been covered. New builds are a joke, builders are a joke.

At the risk of sounding contentious if the dry wall isn't sealed to the ceiling space then it's vented through the ceiling space and is no different to pipes run under floor boards. Thus no cavity?

Who are we to wonder why our is but to do or die.

The builders don't care, GSR don't care, most engineers don't care and nobody will until a couple of houses blow up.

I think this illustrates the issue with plumbers first fix!

I still maintain that if dot dab isn't sealed at the ceiling/wall plate then it can not constitute a cavity!

Only way to be sure is to surface lay or chase and fill.... Simples.

I'd be more worried about Mrs Jones wacking a nail through it to hang her picture on!

I'd be more worried about Mrs Jones wacking a nail through it to hang her picture on!

How would a solid bead of dry wall adhesive prevent that?

Unless you fit it in a purpose built deflector trunking then Mrs Jones just better watch herself haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Gas pipe behind plaster board wall in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
Just a quick question on common ducts for gas laundry appliances. I have recently looked at a gas ironer which shared a common duct with 2...
Replies
Views
We have an old gas pipe in the understairs cupboard. The previous occupants had the gas meter moved, but this old pipe remained. This pipe goes...
Replies
Views
I'm currently refurbishing a room and in the process adding some internal wall insulation. The wall has been stripped and my plumber is coming...
Replies
Views
Had conventional boiler and tanks removed last year and new combi fitted and just recently had it serviced but the guy who did it has given me a...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock