Discuss Flux on Uniform... Grrrr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
im no laundry expert but I think red patches are from bleach not flux.
i.e blame it on the missus

Yeah i had that, i kept having a go at my wife not taking care of my work clothes
then realised it was the flux

The way you said "they've" I thought you were going to say the HSE have banned them lol. There isn't actually many contractors that have banned you wearing them. I have contracted for (and still do) Morgan Sindall, McLaren, Bouygues, RG Carter and Croasrail, in fact i think the only job I've been told I cannot wear them was when doing some steam pipe welding for a hospital estates team.

I think the ban comes from the likes of scaffolders not wearing the correct size etc and falling breaking their ankles making it look as though they lack support.

Was refused entry to two power stations and a police station in them so don't bother any more.

Shame I really like them as it goes

Was refused entry to two power stations and a police station in them so don't bother any more.

Shame I really like them as it goes

Yeah I know loads of lads that don't wear them no more because they think one day they'll be refused onto site. Personally I've started wearing cat lace ups now. The riggers are good for welding and hot works though!

ÂŁ124 for the supremacy boots keep toying with it but can't justify

its all down to the brand of clothes you wear.

i have had two brands that the black doesnt goes a reddy pinkish hue when in contact with flux.

most brands do go reddy pink. its down to how the black dye is manufactured (which pigments are used)

for the life of me i cant remember which brands dont react, so each time i get new workwear i am ordering different ones til i find them.

so far i have ruled out the following as they do go red

dickies
fruit of the loom
gildan
de-walt

if anyone can add to the list, im sure we will re-discover the brand that stays black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flux on Uniform... Grrrr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it... I've been getting regular (3 times a year) sewer fumes through shower & bleachy bubbles /...
Replies
Views
Admins: Apologies: Can you please change post title to "Part 2" This post just for interest/comment so please only read if you have spare time...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First post here, so please be kind! I am currently having a lot of trouble with air and related noise in my open vented heating system...
Replies
Views
This a cry for help ! ! and apologies for the lack of knowledge displayed as I'm just a house owner. Nobody seems to have the knowledge to...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have been having just the worst problems with the heating system where I am renting a house. The smells that the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock