Discuss Flux on Uniform... Grrrr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
... no I dont want carry a Hand towel around everytime I use flux on a fitting) lol.
Any resolution?

What about the flux brush!? And I take it, you don't clean your fittings after soldering!?

Last edited:
I've always wondered why my work clothes get red patches on them sometimes :)

funny but people must have known something 30 years ago when they all wore boiler suits when working, modern man has only himself to blame :)

funny but people must have known something 30 years ago when they all wore boiler suits when working, modern man has only himself to blame :)

There's two subbys at work who wear matching boiler suits. They look like ghostbusters!

For the nasty jobs I wear a boiler suit. Not so keen on it now they've banned rigger boots though

We had a roofer kicked off site last week. He was running across a university roof in shorts and trainers when a health and safety guy pulled into the car park.

Use the Traditional flux like I do. It will wash off in a hot wash. Fairly harmless flux to pipes also.
Then all you need to worry about is all the silicone & Jet Lube & Boss White, etc, that you smear over your clothes!
It does make sense to wear overalls, but I would find them too warm in normal weather & inside homes. Also look too much like a common tradesman or a farmer if you wear overalls.

Riggers have no ankle support and are difficult for paramedics to cut off. Zipped rigger boots are allowed on power stations but not on the off shaw Riggs. Which is stupid as the idea is if you fall over board then they can be kicked off and you can swim to safety. But hse decided that it's better to loose 15 lives since the ban came in then come up with an acceptable solution like a zipped boot.

A lot of guys have started to wear cat supremecy boots which I have to say are a lovely boot but they aren't cheap and they offer no scuff protection over the toe so they wear through quickly in the likes of our trade. The soles aren't great for mud either there designed for wet metal grip rather then boggy sites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flux on Uniform... Grrrr in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi - if anyone can help I'd really appreciate it... I've been getting regular (3 times a year) sewer fumes through shower & bleachy bubbles /...
Replies
Views
Admins: Apologies: Can you please change post title to "Part 2" This post just for interest/comment so please only read if you have spare time...
Replies
Views
Hi All, First post here, so please be kind! I am currently having a lot of trouble with air and related noise in my open vented heating system...
Replies
Views
This a cry for help ! ! and apologies for the lack of knowledge displayed as I'm just a house owner. Nobody seems to have the knowledge to...
Replies
Views
Hello All, I have been having just the worst problems with the heating system where I am renting a house. The smells that the boiler and...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock