Search the forum,

Discuss Ferroli Optimax 38, nothing on display? Possible PCB fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

alexfossa

Hi All,

I've got a Optimax 38 HE, which has been fairly reliable up until now.

This morning, the display was completely blank, and nothing is working.

Did all the usuall checks, fuses etc... still nothing.

So then started breaking it down into sections and seeing if anything was blown.

Removed the PCB, did a quick visual inspection, check voltages on Secondary 1 and Secondary 2 on the transformer, all OK.

Visually check the joint, all seem fine, no corrosion. Checked all diodes.

Put it all back together, and still nothing. Then i heard a sound, the fan is trying to start, for about a second every 10 seconds. If I leave the power in the fan, but remove the sense cable, the fan starts and works.

However, still nothing on the LCD, nor any functions.

Any ideas? I dont really want to gamble £230 on a new PCB if it could be something else.

Thanks,

Alex

If got power and not much else then certainly point towards PCB.

Ferrolli tech desk advice, not kidding, bang the bottom left corner of the boiler 5 to 10 times over the pcb housing and this should loosen up the jammmed relay thats not working properly. then if the boilers still under warranty call ferrolli to replace the pcb as the relay will continue to jam. let us know if this simple technical cure works , it did for me on several occassions recently,lol

Absolutely spot on... works!

I'm going to take to PCB into work tomorrow and get one of our electronic engineers to replace the 3 or 4 relays.

Warranty is out on this boiler.

Thanks,

Alex

Nice to get a happy custard in this cold weather, the relays on the board are cheap chinese and ferrolli dont seem to be sourcing decent ones hence why replacemnt pcb are failing al the time as well. How many thumps did it take to get working?

On the ball oldplumber. Heard that one before, but forgot about it. Useful tip.;)

This sounds exactly like my problem. Tried the banging and it didnt work. Any other ideas? Thanks, Nikki

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli Optimax 38, nothing on display? Possible PCB fault? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

M
Needing some advice regarding a ferolli optima 701 I'm a gas safe engineer, but I've never had this issue and I wanna see if anybody else has possibly had it before I change the board on Monday. So the boiler broke down yesterday, permanent pilot stayed lit, all boiler electrics failed however...
Replies
Views
G
Hi everyone, I am having a bit of an issue with my Baxi 105e boiler and I am just after some information. Now before anyone criticises, I don't intend on fixing this problem myself as I am not GSR. I will be getting a plumber in to sort it but I am interested to see if his verdict will be...
Replies
Views
Gaz_D
G
hey fella's, went to look at a worcester 24i junior, not a greenstar. the initial fault was that the boiler was trying to light, pump runs, fan runs, starts to spark but no gas to light. checked gas valve (which was only fitted 2 months ago) only power going to the blue plug. checked cables for...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
O
I attended a 105e combi a while back, fan starts and fails to run going to lock out so replaced aps, all went swimmingly and left. 2 weeks later same problem, aps funtioning now (wasnt before, I checked switching etc) so saw the flue venturi was a bit dirty outside it and popped a spare in and...
Replies
Views
oldplumber
O
G
Hi, my boiler packed up a couple of days ago. I have had a plumber look at it but he said it is an electrical fault which he cannot find. There is no hot water/heating atall, when you turn either on the boler calls for hot water but then nothing else and after approx 15 seconds the red light...
Replies
Views
T
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock