Search the forum,

Discuss fernox tf1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Billy Bob Bob

well finished a full house install today,potterton gold 33 he(baxi duotec) and new rads,circuit etc bought a fernox tf1 baxi are promoting fernox kit and its being called a gold filter but its a tf1,i had been fitting magna cleans and have been impressed with them but the tf1 today decided to leak at the swiveling join idea:mad: never fitting another:mad: going back to the magnas ,anyone having issues with either brand,what about the magnaclean o ring issues as they now give a free service kit?:D

nice spirotec, solid construction, but a bit heavy, tf1, no pobs either

it pulls out of the top,not as big as the magna clean though

funny enough,fitted my first one today,thought I would give it a try,no problems fitting,on a old back boiler conversion,so see what,s collected next week,see how good me power flush was

I have always used magna clean

how effective do you find power flushing puddle? do rads still need to come off? i have always done a manual flush but its hard work,like the magna/tf1 idea traps any residue muck

I am not a great fan of power flushing,I prefer chemicals in the system and leave to run,however in this case I could not as heat exchanger cracked and sooted up

I attach mains to system and flush through every rad,turning all off and one at a time,them power flushed,I do not vibrate all the rads,as said add mild cleaner to new system and magnetic filter and flush out couple of weeks later,does not take long

I only remove rads and flush out side if no circulation through at all and if that bad would probably replace, if a standard size as from experience,once you get that bad,pin holes are not far away

i will stick with the hard work way then............oohh me back i always advise the custard can only get old systems 90% clean that normally sells the filter,and tbh they work

Spirotec all the way ,dont need to remove the magnet ,as when you open the service valve the water rushes out over it cleaning it along the way ! Can also drain down remove the head and clean seperately .Nice and sturdy,never going to leak and has a wire mesh to catch the non magnetic particals ! I also like the idea of having no isolation valves ,they are all going to leak or stop working in a few years time anyway !

like the idea of having no isolation valves ,they are all going to leak or stop working in a few years time anyway !

have not fitted but no reason not to think ok ,however I need valves as when I fit like today,will be checking a few times over the month,I just want to nip in while passing,isolate and wipe out to check what and how much has been caught,like idea of wire mess but worried about restrictive flow that may be caused

imho

With the spiro you just open the service valve into a bucket via a washine machine hose and all the muck comes rushing out with the pressure of the water ,i find this quicker then cleaning the magnas !

TF1 appears to have a Dyson like influence, had one leak on the coloured o-ring so far.... Also the Magnaclean can fo flow OR return so fantastic for retro fits whereas we've found you need half an airing cupboard for the TF1!

Had a leak on one last week so swapped up for the next size ring & spacer and gave it a stiff turn and seemed to solve the problem. I do agree though that it turned to its final position with almost no pressure meaning it felt a bit suspect from the start.

I have used them all conclusion The Magnaclean is the only one that takes all the rubbish out .
I did like the Twintec but I think the plastic over magnet is a little thick & I may be wrong but I think the Magnaclean Pro works better .
I tried both Fernox Boiler Buddy just hard to clean & didnt shift much .
We own a lot of properties & I changed a boiler buddy out last week on a old system & guess what the newly fit Magnaclean collected more in 1 hour than the other all year .
I am a fan now & Powerflushing is great with the Magnacleanse system .
The O ring issue I find not a problem now unless the customer cleanse it & tightens it too hard .
Ever had contact with Adey great New seals new canisters new Valves I have had them all but I do fit a lot they even give me a free Vibrator for the radiators thats a £50 toy worth buying if your a powerflusher .

Last edited by a moderator:
Gas Man if you powerflush try the Magnacleanse system & buy a Adey Vibroclean they realy do get the rads clean we did a Powerflush last week she said 15 year old system so I thought nice easy job was I wrong & we finished up filling & emtying at same time after 5 hours & when that vibraclean hit the Rad the oxide poured out & I dont take any Rads off any more but then again not saying I never will .
ADEY - VibraClean about £50 dont look much but it works .

The spiro aint that good I fit one on a house I know is dirty didnt shift much ,as I own the house I think this will be the last one to change out for a Magnaclean ,shame build quality is superb but not much good if it dont shift the rubbish.

magna clean by far is the best imo holds the most out of the 3, tf1 is a close 2nd and i carry them on my van as a alternative to magna clean sometimes for ease of fitting and the fact they have a drain off on them unlike the magna! but from what a i hear magna clean will have one soon enough, spirotec waste of time doesnt have a big enough capacity in it!

i heard the vibracleans damaged the rads, what about a rubber mallet ?

Bloody hell ABC are you on commision from Adey?

Personal experience is that if a manufacturer took the magnet out of the magnaclean, the idea of the TF1 (ie can remove magnet without opening system) and the brass body of the Spiro, they would make a fortune.

Personal preference so far has been the TF1 mostly because of the valves, ease of clean and what it always boils down to...cost, its like buying a twintech magna for half price.

gasman is the potterton combi boiler any good? compare to a worcester combi boiler(cdi) which 1 is better?

fitted a few tf1s prefer magna clean easier to fit in awkward places and now they are realeasing a white smaller version of the pro, but the pro is excellent i love it! the free o ring i have kept a few its due to the red o rings in the lids of some earlier magnas they seem to flat spot in the lid, have had a couple of call backs due to weeps on these red o rings so i just change them now whilst on a service but if it has a black o ring and then no problem! Magna defo the best, spiro tec is cack it holds a micro scopic amount of sludge compared to magna! i even have one connected into my poweflushing machine now!!

say 30kw combi boiler which 1 is more expensive! r potterton combi boilers easy to install(have they got a jig)? can their hot water temperuature be controled?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fernox tf1 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock