Search the forum,

Discuss Favorite Pet Hates (Why would you do that !!) - Please list yours in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
+1 as above ^^ - BIG TIME!

Going on holiday tomorrow, 3 days in the lakes and the stress has got to me. Just too busy to take time off, an hour ago I snapped and booted my Stanley tool box and ripped shelves off the wall in a fit. Its too much stress, I've calmed down now.

Going on holiday tomorrow, 3 days in the lakes and the stress has got to me. Just too busy to take time off, an hour ago I snapped and booted my Stanley tool box and ripped shelves off the wall in a fit. Its too much stress, I've calmed down now.

You need a break away so that you can step out of your life and look at how life should be.
Work can wait. A few days wont be missed. :smile:
I should do the same.

I suppose working 6 days all year has got to me a little.

Get a good distance from your work and customers and even your house. Preferably abroad, but anywhere there is a complete change of scenery.
We all need to switch our mind to something totally different occasionally for a few days.

Getting keys from an estate agent with about 30 keys on one bunch and only needing 1 key - also expecting to have to turn the buggar when I find the right one

Customers who insist on explaining in every detail to you and showing you how their loft ladder comes down for you to use.

Customers (usually guys) who self diagnose the issue before you've even got to the property and then stand and watch you while you work asking you what each component does

Tiled in bath panels. Filling loops that weep, when all you want to do is top up and FO. Customers who swears it was alright before you serviced it.

+1 for the bath panels - stupid builders!! I hate them

That programme, the one where they buy a house in the country. Some of them are proper "developers" houses. Ie, bodged badly and cheaply. With a price tag of 750k.
Bargain hunt, "you have a profit of a fiver" how spiffing.

People that say that it is important to get a proper education to avoid having to become a plumber.

Custards that go get other quotes when you refuse to haggle, then realise you're the cheapest and accept then when you arrive 10 mins early to do the job you see the custards leave the house!!! A holes!!!

Custards who say "okay, I'll take that appointment. But if I can get someone else sooner I'll cancel you"

Yeah, right.

/\ YES! That.

Imagine saying the reverse. "Ok that's fine. But if in the meantime a job comes in I prefer the sound of, I'll cancel your's."

Buy a caravan ;)
I just did.
The idea is to get away most weekends for a couple of days. We are only an hour or so from the lakes district so im not too far if theres a work emergency.

Customers who's job happens to be a bloody engineer!

Had one today, a print out of the boiler spare with price on it left on the side by the boiler. And a very long conversation about concealed flues, aparantly it doesn't apply to him.

Customers who's job happens to be a bloody engineer!

Had one today, a print out of the boiler spare with price on it left on the side by the boiler. And a very long conversation about concealed flues, aparantly it doesn't apply to him.

You're really going to have to expand on this one......

Wasn't a Vaillant by any chance?

Hands! all over your job that aren't yours, I went to fit a new washing machine this morning (Sat) for an oldish friendly customer of mine, she always interferes and I knew it would definately not be easy, Currys have walked away as it was hard wired and I was fitting a single socket under the unit but had a nightmare with the short screws in the existing FCU as it was so tight. I got some longer ones from my van and one went in fine and one was a little tight but like an idiot (it was already beer time) I kept turning and the stupid thing sheared off leaving a 5mm stubb in the backbox that could not be removed with grips..

I thought right here she comes...right on que "hows it going Phil"....oragh why do they always come in as soon as everything goes to t1ts.

I had my head under the wall unit trying to drill it out getting all stressed, then there were hands all over with nail varnish I thought these are not my hands so why are they involved? I thought like slapping them away!

Got it sorted in the end, those 70mm screws are so soft!

Last edited:
Friendly lady customer, nail varnished fingers all over what Phil? C`mon spill the beans.

Hands! all over your job that aren't yours, I went to fit a new washing machine this morning (Sat) for an oldish friendly customer of mine, she always interferes and I knew it would definately not be easy, Currys have walked away as it was hard wired and I was fitting a single socket under the unit .....

Phil, I now do the hard wired washing machines by cutting the old machines cable about a foot or so below the worktop and fit a decent trailing socket. Just then need to use the new plug instead of having to cut it off and wire directly each time. (Usually the "old" machine is fairly new and its cable will be brand new condition)
It saves any bother for the future as any repair person or plumber can unplug the machine.

Yes...It just proves than nothing is ever a straight swap, also it's a good thing I brought my sack cart, without that I'd never have got it from the garage up those kitchen steps on my own..

Yes...It just proves than nothing is ever a straight swap, also it's a good thing I brought my sack cart, without that I'd never have got it from the garage up those kitchen steps on my own..
So Currys didn't deliver the machine into where it was supposed to be fitted? That was handy for them to not bother. To be fair to Currys, they delivered my new machine right beside where it was to go. Although I connected it all up obviously. Not going to allow those 5 minute trained guys at my plumbing and electrics. :smile:

The text that went along with the photo I just got sent was:

"Hello again, they can't find the name so I got them to take a pic. It is a big one that's for sure! Any knowledge of this type of boiler?"

94f33f9270bc147f8087c40751e34c9b.jpg

The text that went along with the photo I just got sent was:

"Hello again, they can't find the name so I got them to take a pic. It is a big one that's for sure! Any knowledge of this type of boiler?"

94f33f9270bc147f8087c40751e34c9b.jpg
Its an old combi. Needs a new combi.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Favorite Pet Hates (Why would you do that !!) - Please list yours in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and pebbles!) We saw that the pipe that takes water down the gutter was visibly full to the top. He said he will return with a coil to push through...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Show us your fanciest radiators you've installed! We would love to see them! I love this Milano vertical radiator in the kitchen space. What do you think?
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm installing a concrete patio out back. By the wall under the kitchen sink I have an existing P-Trap gully for the grey water from the sink, dishwasher, washing machine etc. When I pour the concrete there won't be any chance to dig it up anymore. From my own research I get the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock