Search the forum,

Discuss Evaluation and feedback for new product required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

iiplumbing

IMG_3977.jpgIMG_3978.jpg
Hi Guys

After a long absence from these forums, I have gotten my newly invented product to pre-production stage.

The sample in the picture is called a T1 sample (first off the production tooling molds) T2 samples have already been made and are ready for installation evaluation purposes.

The product is patented, design rights and trade marked

As far as I can see it is the worlds first tundish with air break to drain and inbuilt sprung non-return drop valve to stop odours.

It complies with ALL the regs necessary and will be used in the under counter UVHWH segment of the market. It allows both a trickle rate of water (as little as 10ml of water is needed to open the valve) or full volume discharge.

Its primary use will be to enable the installer to connect directly from the PRV discharge to a local waste pipe to make the connection compliant. It is rated at 100degC

I am looking for 5 professionals who have undercounter UVHWH installations coming up in the next two weeks to have a product for free to give an evaluation and feedback and to build case histories.

Anyone who has questions please feel free to post or PM me. Also comments (positive or otherwise - but constructive please) are welcome.

When ready for sale they will be affordable and good value for money.

Anyone who has an UVHWH job coming up and wish to take part, please also feel free to post or PM me

Thanking you in advance

Regards

Russell

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Russell you would not believe what ive got in my shed....No only kidding all the best with your invention..brum

reasonable idea, but I would worry its got bits that seize, so would opt for a hepVo and normal tundish myself. however your idea should be a lot cheaper, so keep us updated

What's the connection on the bottom?

just finished 5 unvented electric heaters in some flats. Used hepv0 traps (don't know where they get the price from!)
yours would have been a good solution.

how reliable us the washer for not sticking ?(shut or open)

reasonable idea, but I would worry its got bits that seize, so would opt for a hep2o and normal tundish myself. however your idea should be a lot cheaper, so keep us updated

That may be a concern and the clearances of the shaft and guide are carefully designed to allow movement even with some build up of limescale. The moving parts are fully removable and as part of on-going maintenance (read an annual contract for the service of the cylinder plus now the Hot tun) the valve action is checked.

Price should be half of a standard tundish, Hepvo and adaptor, plus there is only on set of connections so installation will be quicker.......

Hope that helps

What's the connection on the bottom?

just finished 5 unvented electric heaters in some flats. Used hepv0 traps (don't know where they get the price from!)
yours would have been a good solution.

how reliable us the washer for not sticking ?(shut or open)

It takes a 15mm std tap connection inlet and std 22mm copper compression outlet.

Can a moving part stick? yes it could and what would happen if it did? The only time that would be a problem was when the PRV was discharging for safety reasons and it spilt out over into their cupboard instead of going largely unnoticed by the customer!

The spring is strong enough to ensure the valve never sticks open allowing smells to come back through.

It wont stick but if it did it would certainly mean that the customer would notice if the cylinder was malfunctioning

If the service engineer wanted to do a full volume discharge test he would make sure the valve was free anyway as part of his checks.

IMO

Russ

I feel a customer would be a bit ****ed if I installed something that flooded their cupboard, they would rather it went un noticed, which it shouldnt as the warning pipe should be visible, if it goes outside, as should the tundish in the cupboard. Now, if you produced something based on a combined hepVo and tundish at half the price, that would be a winner. Dragons den here I come.

I feel a customer would be a bit ****ed if I installed something that flooded their cupboard, they would rather it went un noticed, which it shouldnt as the warning pipe should be visible, if it goes outside, as should the tundish in the cupboard. Now, if you produced something based on a combined hepVo and tundish at half the price, that would be a winner. Dragons den here I come.
Hepworth have the fanny trap patent all sealed up! ( so to speak)

Good luck with the venture, nothing is guaranteed never to fail and this seems to solve a problem. I'd be particularly interested to know if these could be used to terminate boiler PRV's into soil/waste?

Hi there russel, what ive noticed recently is how small the tundish,s are becoming , as time goes on they seem to shrink, but this one is consideribly larger which means offsets from the wall (if against the wall)
Im doing new builds (NHBC) at the moment that have 210l unvented tanks in them

Good luck with the venture, nothing is guaranteed never to fail and this seems to solve a problem. I'd be particularly interested to know if these could be used to terminate boiler PRV's into soil/waste?

Hi Nostrum

Thanks for your good luck!

I agree, when something mechanical is put in place there is always a risk of failure, but then valves stems fail and ruin cupboards (gate, stop and ball valves) etc

Just because there is a risk does not mean its not a good idea in principal.

It is my belief that my product will stand the test of time and you would have to "hold" one in your hand to get a feel as to the quality of the mechanism

Moving onto boiler PRV's. Yes they are suitable for that application provided that the Hot tun is located where a discharge can be noticed.

Russ

Hi there russel, what ive noticed recently is how small the tundish,s are becoming , as time goes on they seem to shrink, but this one is consideribly larger which means offsets from the wall (if against the wall)
Im doing new builds (NHBC) at the moment that have 210l unvented tanks in them

Its about 60mm dia. It has to be that wide to make sure the drop valve aperture is wide enough to accommodate a full bore discharge from the PRV.

On larger vessels space is not normally an issue and to be fair fitting the Hepvo is and always will be a valid and good solution (albeit more expensive) so the issue of offset is not really the issue here, because if you are going to run to a soil stack you will need either a Hepvo 50-55mm dia at its widest or my Hot tun at 60mm.

So the pipe at some stage will have to be offset anyway.

So if you fit my Hot tun to your cylinder you will not need the standard tundish or the Hepvo, and you can then connect to drain.

Hope that helps

Russ

PS I'm not trying to sell my product (at this stage) I am only trying to find some installers to help evaluate it and give some feedback once they have used it........

Hi Lame

Hope you are well. Thanks for the feedback and it is a valid point.

Having said that I have been to quite a few installations where the tundish has leaked because the joint (the joint that clicks the two halves of the tundish together) has failed and it has got the flooring all wet.....

So even standard tundishes can still cause problems

Its all a case of what you are prepared to accept, lets face it if you didn't want your house to ever flood/get wet then don't put water pipes in there at all!

Cheers

Russ

Wish there was. Can't understand why they are so much!

back to topic. If it's reliable, I think you have a good product there .

It is and thanks chalked

From my point of view I wanted something that was relatively compact and combined into one product (two jobs in one) the Hot tun is about the same height as a standard tundish (105mm tip to toe) and 60mm dia. And I wanted something that I as a poor plumber would be able to purchase at a reasonable price to make a mark up on and still be able to explain to the home owner they were getting a good deal.

Intro price of ÂŁ15.99 plus vat with a customer price of ÂŁ20.99 plus (you'll be able to get them through the merchant chains a bit cheaper than that anyway.

Russ

Intro price of ÂŁ15.99 plus vat with a customer price of ÂŁ20.99 plus (you'll be able to get them through the merchant chains a bit cheaper than that anyway.

By the time plumb center puts there mark up on it it will be ÂŁ159.99! Lol

My quick question I may just be being a bit stupid as always, if it was under counter heaters you were thinking of and going into the waste pipe why is it into 22mm and not 1 1/2"?

By the time plumb center puts there mark up on it it will be ÂŁ159.99! Lol

My quick question I may just be being a bit stupid as always, if it was under counter heaters you were thinking of and going into the waste pipe why is it into 22mm and not 1 1/2"?

regulations state outlet from tundish must be at least one dia bigger than inlet

my website will keep the merchants honest, you will always be able to buy Hot tun off of the new website for ÂŁ15.99 plus vat

russ

Haven't got any unvented installs in the next couple of weeks but interested in your idea.
good luck with it in the future.

Anyone want a free product to evaluate then?

Drop me a line or post on here

Cheers

Russ

Who's custard?

ok it's still not lost, do you get the concept of Hot tun?

can you put a few words down about how your installation would have been quicker easier if you had used it?

cheerz

Sure. Drop me your email. I have a job on Saturday 100l multipoint unvented ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Evaluation and feedback for new product required in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I
Guys I have designed, developed, patented and prototyped a new product for the plumbing industry. Specifically it will enable an installer to pipe up an under counter hot water heater, pressure relief discharge, directly to a local waste pipe. It is temperature rated, has a visible means of...
Replies
Views
iiplumbing
I
I
We have now officially launched our new product for general sale Go to www.hotun.co.uk for full details. Whilst we have no merchants on board we will be selling the product either direct from our website (but at RRP prices) or if you want to take advantage of our trade prices directly from...
Replies
Views
iiplumbing
I
I
Hi Chaps Hope your all doing OK, I see Ray's having a torrid time with car wars!! or is that tyre wars? Just all letting you know about the new developments with my new product hotun. I was contacted by a major boiler manufacturer, who was very interested in my product, and from what you guys...
Replies
Views
R
Hi All We have been approached by Mistral boilers who would like to pitch their oil boiler portfolio to us. At the moment, our oil boiler sales are almost exclusively Grant and Worcester, and to be honest, I don't have any experience of Mistral. If any installer or householder has feedback...
Replies
Views
Hi, Looking to take on a gas engineer in the Dorset area full time. Must have min of CCN1 and CENWAT. (qualified for boilers and have domestig natural gas safety). These must be at least 12 months in date. Main role will include servicing breakdowns and gas safety checks but you will also...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock