Search the forum,

Discuss Mistral Oil boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

Ray Stafford

Hi All

We have been approached by Mistral boilers who would like to pitch their oil boiler portfolio to us.

At the moment, our oil boiler sales are almost exclusively Grant and Worcester, and to be honest, I don't have any experience of Mistral.

If any installer or householder has feedback (good or bad) about Mistral, please share it.

Much appreciated.

Ray

PS - Ideally, it would be best to share for all to see, but if you have something you would rather not mention on a public forum, please feel free to PM me.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are poop and technically the company is very poor. Had issues with an installation and after about 12 months it turned out to be the wrong blast tube on the burner.

Personally wouldnt fit again. But its only one opinion.

Asked about them on here and got a bad response.

i went to a super combi (bloody thing) was nice knocking out 30 ltrs a minute.
seen another and didn't float my boat, not that much difference to any other oil boiler really.

however a team of flying monkeys would have been more use than technical on the other end of the line.
had ruined instructions and they asked me to hurry up.....not what i want to hear!

i know an engineer who mainly installs-them due to the cheaper price but even he didn't seem all that thrilled with them, he's just bumping up his margin

Would prefer you to have firebird, viessmann or vailliants offer tbh!!

you have grant who are solid.

Last edited:
Merrily fitting Warmflows with no issues. Supposed to be going to Telford for some training on their bio mass and then a round of golf.

Warmflow are getting into biomass?

Every time I open up a boiler they have a bio mass leaflet in there. Rep was in last week, was mentioning something about a non condensing valve that stops creosote in the flue. The training day is focused on the boiler control panel as its the same for ground and air source. He said the boiler can go 6 weeks without being de ashed. Having nothing to do with bio mass I didnt know wether to question this.

Sorry for going off topic Ray :)

I think you got it covered with Worcester and grant. I wouldnt be happy going for a fairly small time make that isnt very popular just to make a few extra pounds. You may live to regret it.

Firebird and Grant have budget models, rather stick with them if price is the issue. I dont know the Mistral range or background, there is none round here.

Hello, I have now fitted approximately 300 mistral oil boilers across their ranges. In my experience I have never had an issue with these boilers, unlike other makes i have fitted such as warmflow which i find can rust from the inside out and have to be replaced after 3 years. I have found these boilers to simple to fit and any good engineer you should have no problem fitting one. I fitted one of these boilers in my own property as through my knowledge and experience i know are the highly effective in both their output and cost efficiently. My only advice would be to follow install instructions ie tighten all nuts due to loosing in transit.

Anthony do you work for them or just like there boilers?

I am a self employed engineer, I have fitted all makes of boilers and find these quite simple to fit and their combi's do not rely on expensive pcb's or thermistors

Hello, I have now fitted approximately 300 mistral oil boilers across their ranges. In my experience I have never had an issue with these boilers, unlike other makes i have fitted such as warmflow which i find can rust from the inside out and have to be replaced after 3 years. I have found these boilers to simple to fit and any good engineer you should have no problem fitting one. I fitted one of these boilers in my own property as through my knowledge and experience i know are the highly effective in both their output and cost efficiently. My only advice would be to follow install instructions ie tighten all nuts due to loosing in transit.

Hi Anthony, and welcome to the forum.

Thanks for joining and for sharing your experience of the Mistral product. Unfortunately, as you can tell from the responses of a couple of members, when someone signs up for a forum and posts something like you have, there is always the danger that they are seen as sock-puppets.

Perhaps you might like to tell us a bit more about yourself ?

I am a self employed engineer with over 6 years experience in fitting boilers of all makes and models I have fitted warmflow, firebird, Worcester and grant and find the mistral simple to fit and thief combi's don't rely on parts you can only get from the manufactures only ie Worcester. I have had bad experiences with warmflow as I have had to replace boilers of up 4 years old due to water links as of Worcester boilers it takes you half a day to build up the boilers with pipe work, flue and oil lines

Hmmmmmm..............

As if by magic a suspicious mind shows up.......

I am a self employed engineer with over 6 years experience in fitting boilers of all makes and models I have fitted warmflow, firebird, Worcester and grant and find the mistral simple to fit and thief combi's don't rely on parts you can only get from the manufactures only ie Worcester. I have had bad experiences with warmflow as I have had to replace boilers of up 4 years old due to water links as of Worcester boilers it takes you half a day to build up the boilers with pipe work, flue and oil lines

Thanks, thats most helpful.

Unfortunately, the forum has been plagued by a variety of people with various commercial agendas, so please forgive us for being a tad suspicious. :)

Mate what you on about???????

Had to check you out buddy, had a few manufacturers put up first posts like that before.

Don't mind tradesmen being biased towards a product, manufacturer s on t'other hand would use a post like that dishonestly.

Hope you understand.

anthony , do you have any eployees for you ? or got a boiler fitting contract specifying mistral? if you havent you are a lucky man to have 300 boiler installs in 6 years!!!

anthony , do you have any eployees for you ? or got a boiler fitting contract specifying mistral? if you havent you are a lucky man to have 300 boiler installs in 6 years!!!
Thats only mistral boilers it must be many more if you include all the other makes.

I just fitted a worcester heatslave mk 2 it was a doddle but if anything goes wrong with it I think worcester will have to sort it out it looks like a gas boiler and all the fittings are plastic with clips and o rings. Even the diverter valve is plastic. Nightmare. So for me its all about easy maintenance reliability and ease of obtaining parts.

Thats only mistral boilers it must be many more if you include all the other makes.

I just fitted a worcester heatslave mk 2 it was a doddle but if anything goes wrong with it I think worcester will have to sort it out it looks like a gas boiler and all the fittings are plastic with clips and o rings. Even the diverter valve is plastic. Nightmare. So for me its all about easy maintenance reliability and ease of obtaining parts.

Are they still doing the older version? Whats the price difference between the two?

Whatever happened to no plastic within 6 foot? :)

I wish you could still fit the old (non greenstar) Heatslaves and danesmores, downhill since then imho

i have two other guys who work along side me i haven't got a contract at all i just in a very good area and i try and price boiler fits at a reasonable rate

only fitted 3 so far this year and two more next week we went through a stage of fitting two a week

Not seen a mistral around here so no experience. Looked at their website, the built in immersion heater looks interesting and the Y heat ex. I'd like to see one.

Apparently the danesmoor is going the same way. Most of the pipework in the heatslave is pushed into a hole with an o ring and secured with a clip

Sorry Emdee, I've had to delete your post for being in contravention of the forum rules.

However I have ensured Ray has seen it.

Croppie.

UKPF Mod Team

Last edited by a moderator:
ok, thanks for letting me know, however, thought it would have given an opportunity to give a point of view to some who lacked just a bit of info. Also, not sure what rules it has broken, but grateful if you would let me know. Thanks for passing message on though.

The bit regarding forum sponsorship.

Only forum sponsors can promote their wares on UKPF. Individuals members can sell the odd few bits and pieces but need to be non commercial and also require a minimum of 10 posts.

Once again, thanks for taking the time to respond. I did not intend trying to sell any boilers, but as the thread was about our Company, I tried to take the opportunity to give a more balanced picture of what was available and different engineer`s perception of perhaps who we were.
I also gave the engineers the opportunity to respond directly to me.
I am truly sorry if I have breached your rules, but thanks again for getting back to me.
Mistral

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Mistral Oil boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended floor. Pic 1 is inside porch, pex temporarily clipped to give an idea of pipe placement (ignore shoddy blockwork of booted cowboy builder!), Pic 2 is...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock