Discuss electrics tripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tillyhouse

Hi all first time on here, here goes> the electrics on my swimming pool keep tripping out. I realised this after a routine visit to the pool shed and realising that a honeywell du145 automatic by pass valve had blown its head off! I have replaced this and when i switched back on the electrics keep tripping. There are 4 circuits and i have isolated it to the one that controls the heating of the pool, i also changed the heat exchanger because it was corroded, i havn't touched anything electrical. when i turn it on it trips after 5-7 seconds. Any ideas? thanks steve

hi, seems like an electrical problem with a failed component.
have you tried the electrician forum?.

If it had blow up. Has it melted any of the wires. You say it takes a few seconds to trip again. Perhaps this may be an avenue to explore

does this circuit contain an electric heating element or motor? sounds like a component has failed and needs replacement.

I have replaced the heat exchanger because it had corroded, the only other thing is the grunfoss pump and the boiler which is probably beyond my remit anyway, but could it be the pump?

sorry i forgot, there are 2 heaters in the pool room that are heated by the hot water circuit and have circular cylinders that fan the heat out although they dont work, do you think that could be the problem

either way if its an electrical fault on fixed equipment i would get the installtion tested by a qualifed electrician. if you have not had a periodic electrical inspection in the last 10 years then you may aswell get it done aswell and then all your electrics will be tested and any faults identifed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to electrics tripping in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have quite low flow rate for my electric shower (a piddling 5L/min), and would like some tips or advice about how to solve or find the...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
Hi I have a Glow-worm back boiler which is giving me grief (I would have upgraded it by now but its a listed building and there's issues with...
Replies
Views
When we moved into our house in 2016, the electric water heater popped loudly when heating. After awhile, I researched and realized that it was...
Replies
Views
My heating system comprises an Ideal Logic 12 boiler located downstairs and a Gledhill OV SOL cylinder located upstairs . The problem is that when...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock