Discuss Drian cock sheared off immersion heater drain down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mongoose505

Hi

New member, looking for correct advice.

Unvented tank (open top),required two new heating elements, during drain down the drain cock sheared off tank. The plumber made safe and cleaned the area following the water leakage.

I have now be quoted a like for like replacment cost £600.00, are there any alternatives, for example supply and fit new drain cock.

The tank has not split and it has been suggested tapping a new drain cock will work, but I have no experience of these things.

Regards in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drian cock sheared off immersion heater drain down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise to help. I know exactly what situation it took awhile. On the loft on the 6th floor there is a...
Replies
Views
T
Hi, I want to fit an immersion heating element to my hot water tank (water is currently heated by gas). I'd like to buy it before I start draining...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Dear All New member here, coming looking for help. A few weeks ago I had work carried out by a British Gas Homecare service technician. It...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I recently replaced a dead central heating pump in my home, so drained down the system completely, fitted new pump and filled up. What...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back