Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Drian cock sheared off immersion heater drain down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mongoose505

Hi

New member, looking for correct advice.

Unvented tank (open top),required two new heating elements, during drain down the drain cock sheared off tank. The plumber made safe and cleaned the area following the water leakage.

I have now be quoted a like for like replacment cost £600.00, are there any alternatives, for example supply and fit new drain cock.

The tank has not split and it has been suggested tapping a new drain cock will work, but I have no experience of these things.

Regards in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Drian cock sheared off immersion heater drain down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All This is following on from thread I made a few days ago but can't seem to find I'm in a bit of a bind with my CH design where I want to...
Replies
Views
Hi all, grateful for your expertise on the following. DIYer, not pro. Rural property in France Single storey. Septic tank. Late 80s construction...
Replies
Views
I have just had a new boiler and 210 ltr unvented tank fitted in the loft to replace a very old Baxi back boiler. I have now fitted a Solic 200...
Replies
Views
E
Good evening everyone :), I’ve recently moved into a new flat that is completely electric (It’s got a dual immersion heater) and just had a...
Replies
Views
I have an Elson Sapphire double feed indirect hot water tank and I need to drain down the system to move some radiators. Would anyone be able to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock