Search the forum,

Discuss concealed cistern and back to wall pan. fitting tips? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wigz

hi all was wondering if anyone had any useful tips when connecting back to wall pan to the concealed cistern cistern. once you push
the toilet back to the unit u cant see if u have any leaks on flush pipe or pan connector. is there a easy way.

hello wrap some tissue around it and use it for a day or so then check to see if its wet. if you cut the flush pipe 100% perfect you wont get any leaks. make sure you lube up the flush cone.

cant get in there here to wrap paper round it i drilled 2 circles in unit for both pipes, now think i should have just cut a big square, as long as toilet is covering the hole it wont matter. i silicone the pan connector
and done up jubilee clip then took toilet outside and poured water down toilet it was fine. i put silicone on flush pipe connecting to pan also. just a nagging feeling cause i cant see if its leaking.i did put some paper under the toilet and fed it in. hopefully its OK guess they will call if its not.

With a BTW pan, I put the pan against the wall and draw the shape of it with a marker pen. I then cut out this shape 20mm INSIDE the marker pen following the shape of the pan. Much easier than trying to cut 2 holes and this way allows access to both pipes before pushing them into the wall.

Wrap a donut of Plumbers Mate round the flush cone before pushing it home to the pan, and it will never leak.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah will cut a bigger hole if i get called back. just wanted to keep it neat but made my job much harder

can you not see from the top with a torch? i always use a flexi pan con and test with a bucket or the shower before i push back then only the cone to worry abot

Steve Na pan connector is actually built inside the pan. i used a flexi with a jubilee clip. they look nice when complete but working on them
is a right pain.

If you do it system 3 ,s way you can detatch the small front facia and then pull the back panel behind the toilet up and out and then you will have more than enough room to do what you want. After wards you just slide the back panel down and hey presto .

hi kimbo the small front board comes off but the one the toilet is pushed back to dont come out its built in on this one. customer was also saying that it takes 2 or 3 flushes to remove paper
is this usual with these as cistern is so small?

are you sure there is not 4 plastic lugs that push onto plastc tapered clips.

You may need to alter the slider on the syphon/flush valve to give a greater flush. Tell customer to press and hold the flush button.

System yeah i adjusted the float to maximun and held flush. Think cause its a small cistern not enough pressure to flush properly.

Kimbo dont think there is .the middle panel un clips but bottom one dont.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to concealed cistern and back to wall pan. fitting tips? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I'm seeking advice on resolving the persistent blockage issues with my downstairs toilet. A year ago, I replaced an 80s close-coupled toilet with a more affordable model. This new toilet is a back-to-wall type featuring a concealed cistern within a separate unit. Since its installation...
Replies
Views
A few years ago I installed a wall hung toilet pan in my last house which did not flush well when disposing of waste solids. The water would rise up to the rim then dissipate and usually required further flushing to complete the disposal. I don't recall the brand but the wall mounting frame was...
Replies
Views
I had a plumber in to replace my old pan connector as it was leaking due to the wax deteriorating. Now when this toilet clogs up (which is a separate issue), it leaks from somewhere at the back. I can't tell where it's from but can tell for sure it's not from the water inlet or the toilet side...
Replies
Views
C
Hello, we were misadvised on how much a Lusso Stone cistern could be cut down (by both the architects and Lusso). The bathroom has been plumbed / tiled / had boxing out built and it is now apparent that the Lusso cistern is too high. We are urgently looking for a concealed cistern that is...
Replies
Views
I’d like to replace the toilet in my house with a back to wall one. The plan is to build a panel on stud work to conceal the cistern and then use the existing soil pipe which goes out to the right. All the back to wall toilets on Victoria Plum have a cross through the side waste which has...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock