Search the forum,

Discuss Compression Joint Query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bulltaurus

Trying to add a bidet shower hose to my toilet. Am stuck at the joint as to what I would require to join the tee compression with the toilet tank. I have seen in you tube videos that the copper pipe slides in the tee compression hole but I got a piece of copper pipe and it just doesn't go in the hole for tee compression hole. Any suggestions welcome

Image posted here

https://www.flickr.com/photos/65231752@N00/16973879803/in/dateposted-public/

You're not allowed to connect a bidet type hose to the cold water system - its against the Water Regulations as there is nothing to prevent back-flow into the rest of the system. In any case, you would appear to be out of your depth in what you are attempting.

As the above.

Please register with us to receive additional answers to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Compression Joint Query in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, it me again. I have a leaking compression joint that is connected to plastic pipe. I have now read elsewhere that it is not a good idea to connect plastic into compression joints. It DID have an insert in the plastic pipe. I decided to use plastic JG speedfit pipe in the compression...
Replies
Views
While I am a trained engineer I appear blind when it comes to plumbing fittings. I want to tee off the 15mm compression (copper pipe to flex hose) to loo so as to supply a cold water bidet. The bidet is suppplied via a 1/2 connection. So appears simple, a tee but cannot find - any suggestions...
Replies
Views
I need to replace an old leaking kitchen tap at a rental property and having fitted one of these before I've decided to go for the Cooke and Lewis mono mixer from Screwfix, which comes with 356mm flexible tales and a G 1/2" end: The tenant has sent me some photos of the existing tap and...
Replies
Views
S
Looking to rework undersink pipes to eventually replace kitchen tap and add a separate water filter system. The current piping is mostly done with solder joints including the kitchen tap tail, is it ok to remove all of this and replace with compression tees? The cold water line is feeding the...
Replies
Views
Stevenh
S
Hi I replaced our leaking bathroom tap yesterday, it’s one of these mono mixer types. The existing one had 2 copper connectors which then were connected to the plastic water pipes via plastic pushfit fittings. As the new tap had flexible connectors with a nut on the end I had to change the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock