Discuss combi to combi £800 fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
when the price no good the jobs no good

Not in my case, I rely on more work and good reviews from them, but you have to work to the price you have quoted, if you are not making much then you get a rush on, it doesnt mean its any worse than the next guy who is standing there scratching there bum and picking there nose half the day.

when the price no good the jobs no good

It can be with some fitters ,but i have worked for companies where i have done boiler change and spent most of the day faffing about and yet its still same quality install as a 4 hour install.
Plumbing fitting is easy .

Thats nowadays as I work for myself and do now contract or subby work.
But you cannot be on a combi swap more than half a day when working for companies. I know guys who are doing combi swaps for firms now for as little as £120, and they reckon other firms are paying less.
yeah, i know what you mean , a sign of the times i guess.

lets not get out of the facts here. Some installers will change or swap as most folk call it a combi in 3 - 4 hours but where is the service they provide .
I value my customers I value my reputation I have an apprentice who is nearing 7 years (he is not an apprentice anymore)
I provide a service like most decent folk do who provide a valuable service
Combi swaps for 200 notes do not strike it for me

I dont imagine many sole trader guys are gonna do them for £200, but offer that to a subby or full time guy and they would rip your arm off.

I do straight swaps as a sub for min £250+ and not fussed if there for 4 hours or 8 but can still do them in 4 hours exact same quality as an 8 hour shift, if the firm was more organised would be up for two a day but they are a shambles at organisation.

Privately i would plod my way through it as would charge more to be honest .

You're right Kirk. There are a lot of guys who can do full installs in a day and leave a perfect job. I'm getting past that carry on now but as you say it is all about forward thinking.

There is also a lot of halfwits and house wreckers out there too.
It is a hard way to make a living.

£800 minus 20% tax etc. Leaves him £640, it is impossible to be doing for that. So it must be a con, either they are not Worcester or Vokera or price is wrong.

Vokera 25he band B from mr ch £510 including flue and clock. £25 for fittings still leaves £265 (£220 after tax). (Sabre (vokera) 25he band B £449 so around £270 after tax)

If he is vat registered it works out around £180 after tax with the vokera. Still an easy shift for a busy fool doing the bare minimum. Everything else is an extra and there will be extras on most.

On this case I notice that nearly all builders and kitchen fitters are gas safe registered these days, so imagine from that point of view, they shove it in, in a few hours, few of their mates helping and £200 is easy money to them.

And how often do you have like for like? maybe they turn around and say ooooh, we will have to move that due to regulations, It should be on the other wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi to combi £800 fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Si combi boiler, the analog clock has stopped and the On-Timer-Off switch only works on Timer setting...
Replies
Views
Hello The heating side of my Ariston Combi A23 has stopped working since a new 3 way valve has been installed. It's been a hugely reliable boiler...
Replies
Views
Hi I am somewhat confused. My daughter has a combi boiler bought 2-3 years ago and has it timed to come on in morning for an hour and at night...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old, fairly big detached house (i.e. fairly draughty, but not too bad by any means) with a fairly new...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
Hi, We have a Kinetico 2020c HE Water Softener, fitted in 2008 in our loft to the cold water tank in a vented system with a conventional boiler...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock