Search the forum,

Discuss combi to combi £800 fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyplumb

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
This advert has been in our local newspaper for a few weeks now advert.jpg It surely can't be done for these prices.

Last edited:
no chance, i did a combi combi swap for a mate, fitted a worcester greenstar 28i junior combi for him. did prices at cost and no labour charges as hes returning the favor, it cost over £1350. well over

cheapest worcester combi is junior 24, costs around £800 with flue & clock. no ones gonna work for nothing.

it'll be a get a foot in the door price, extra for pipe, will need flushing, chemicals, take away the waste and anything else they can get away with.

think your right, but maybe he's lost his marbles & likes to work for nothing.

This advert has been in our local newspaper for a few weeks nowView attachment 4413 It surely can't be done for these prices.

if the property meets the exemption criteria for needing a HE boiler it is possible to fit an SE boiler in a swap over in 3-4 hrs so if you can buy a boiler for £400 odd, then yes it can, or if an HE is already in then how long would it take to sway a boiler for an exact same model? we used to do warranty work for various manufacturers and got 3.5hrs labour to change a boiler, ok you use the old flue hole and existing jig so again yes it can, obviously anything else needed gets more cash, how you do you sales pitch is up to you, this is how they do theirs, from the landline they must be in Bellshill area a few miles from me but i dont know them, nice free advert you are giving them by leaving the phone number in!!!!!!!!!!!!

cheapest worcester combi is junior 24, costs around £800 with flue & clock. no ones gonna work for nothing.

HE comb's are available in your area from about £400-600, the advert doesnt say he is fitting a worcester, look in the Glasgow Evening Times and you will see a car for sale with tax and MOT for £500 which is legal but it wont be as good as the Lamborgini spyder my son has just bought, but different cars for different people

it'll be a get a foot in the door price, extra for pipe, will need flushing, chemicals, take away the waste and anything else they can get away with.

whats your advertising strategy? and is it working?

As above, you can get a boiler, flue and clock for £500, so £300 a day aint a bad job is it.
Plus all the extras they would be sold.

HE comb's are available in your area from about £400-600, the advert doesnt say he is fitting a worcester, look in the Glasgow Evening Times and you will see a car for sale with tax and MOT for £500 which is legal but it wont be as good as the Lamborgini spyder my son has just bought, but different cars for different people
yeah, advert says vokera or worcester, there might be a chance of doing it with a vokera but your certainly not getting a worcester. dont know how much the cheapest vokera combi is but if his prices are genuine then his profits must be low.

HE comb's are available in your area from about £400-600, the advert doesnt say he is fitting a worcester, look in the Glasgow Evening Times and you will see a car for sale with tax and MOT for £500 which is legal but it wont be as good as the lambourgini spider my son has just bought, but different cars for different people
i take it you bought it for him, this teaching game must be paying, i must be in the wrong job

whats your advertising strategy? and is it working?
mostly leaflets done about 3/4 of my local area now and starting to pick up. i've got six jobs lined up to do in the next two weeks. got a few regular custards now and getting some referrals as well. busiest i've been for a while and long may it continue in an upwards direction.

mostly leaflets done about 3/4 of my local area now and starting to pick up. i've got six jobs lined up to do in the next two weeks. got a few regular custards now and getting some referrals as well. busiest i've been for a while and long may it continue in an upwards direction.

nice to hear its working for you, and long may it continue, all it takes sometimes is to get your foot in the door and it can create another load of work, i dont know the £800 boiler swap guy but IF he does a decent job for customers who simply wont pay £2k for a boiler install, with weather compensator and control upgrades then he will get more work from them and theirs so its not up to us to slag them

Cheapest Vokera round here will cost you £600 with the vat, pipework & fittings generally even on a relativley straight swop would be minimum of £30 - £50. He is obviously one of the idiots who doesn't value his skill and wants to work for peanuts or a clever marketing ploy to get a foot in the door.

He'll end up wasting his own time as surely the punters are not that stupid to fall for this advert

All I can say if you can supply and Finnish the instal for that money I will give you a job

All I can say if you can supply and Finnish the instal for that money I will give you a job

there are tons of guys who can do a combi swap in 3-5 hrs so £300-400 for that kind of money is not too bad, wait till tam sees this thread he used to do boilers in half a shift, mind you that was in the 70's when he was fit

He'll end up wasting his own time as surely the punters are not that stupid to fall for this advert

There was a woman on last week who got a boiler service for cheap through a groupon ad. It ended up with a bill for £1300 to fix a leak!
That is some big footwork lol

there are tons of guys who can do a combi swap in 3-5 hrs so £300-400 for that kind of money is not too bad, wait till tam sees this thread he used to do boilers in half a shift, mind you that was in the 70's when he was fit
aye, i've seen the 3hr boiler swappers, most leave right mess.

Yeh I agree but I am not into that in and out thing (age probably) I like to do my thing my way if it takes 1 or 2 or 3 hours then so be it
PS I am not sure if I am as strong as tamz as I used to drag the old boilers not lift them

its easily done in 3-5 hours and the place is often left cleaner than when i first go in !
To be honest if your taking 8/9 hours to do a combi combi swap then you must spend half the day looking at the job rather than actually working !!

aye, i've seen the 3hr boiler swappers, most leave right mess.

ooohhh tam will bite you for this comment, i'm telling you there are tons of guys who can/could do it, and leave a top class job, depoends whats in and what goes in, its all about being organised, doing one thing on auto pilot, starting the next one with one hand and thinking about the thing after that, loads of guys in a 2 man team used to do a great one day install on an indirect system with a new cylinder and control pack, with F&E tank in the loft and quite often a new BBU

Can still do them in a day with a powerflush, gas upgrade, condensate, and wash the dishes!

Fit to drap!

On the other hand i'm doing a bbu to regular swap for an old couple atm so had to keep the heat on for them.
Yesterday hung the boiler and ran the pipes just ready to T in, new pump and S plan on and gas run halfway while the boy played at powerflushing and blethered to the old guy.
Cut the old one off today and swapped the pipes about, wired it up and got it running by about 3.
Take the old fire and boiler out tomorrow and brick up and plaster the fireplace.

Sometimes you just need to pace yourself :smile:

if your working on less than a £200 profit margin, you would need to be doing them in 3-5hrs better to charge more and spend longer at it.

I worked on the EAGA contract a couple of years back, I reckon for a straight combi swap, 4 hours is average, thats all on my own, no flushing, just drain down, cut off pipework, remove and fit new boiler then repipe, fill and test. If you are taking longer on price work you aint gonna earn any money, many a time I used to fit my next days boiler too and have the next day off.
I must say though that if i have a good price in for the job, I make it last the day.

Many customers know you are messing about making the job longer, and would rather you hurry up and go so they can have the doors shut and keep warm.

£800 minus 20% tax etc. Leaves him £640, it is impossible to be doing for that. So it must be a con, either they are not Worcester or Vokera or price is wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi to combi £800 fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning to any Australians lurking around! Register its free, then message me, I'll sort your account out for you. We will need a moderator from each main country too. I'll post this in the Australian forum now.
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock