Search the forum,

Discuss combi to combi £800 fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
mates rates ?

£800 and you go in my phone as dont answer :lol:

Probably around a grand.

boiler wb,timer,room stat materials £1,050.00+labour £550.00=£1,600.00 inc vat (this is the last one i fitted 2 weeks back )
plus I give them free power flush

if the property meets the exemption criteria for needing a HE boiler it is possible to fit an SE boiler in a swap over in 3-4 hrs so if you can buy a boiler for £400 odd, then yes it can, or if an HE is already in then how long would it take to sway a boiler for an exact same model? we used to do warranty work for various manufacturers and got 3.5hrs labour to change a boiler, ok you use the old flue hole and existing jig so again yes it can, obviously anything else needed gets more cash, how you do you sales pitch is up to you, this is how they do theirs, from the landline they must be in Bellshill area a few miles from me but i dont know them,, nice free advert you are giving them by leaving the phone number in!!!!!!!!!!!!
Got some info on the price cutting boiler swoppers, i'll no name & shame but there's 2 guys involved, in partnership i believe, 1 in bellshill & 1 in coatbridge, drumpellier i'm told . ring any bells kirk

Probably end up with boiler piped like this lovely one I bumped into today

IMG_1026.jpg

customer double lucky as its a ferroli as well !!

IMG_1027.jpg

:cry_smile:

band b glowworm beta com £456 inc boiler flue and clock and fill loop. leaves 350 labour, no way on earth it can be a band a unless 2nd hand or nicked!!!

shop down next to me in govanhell is advertising combi swaps at £750, I priced a combi swap at £1000(sabre boiler) someone else done it for £800, lost out on a heating system by a good couple of hundred and my joiner was doing the joinery work, told me install was a shambles and condensate pipe just popping outside.

shop down next to me in govanhell is advertising combi swaps at £750, I priced a combi swap at £1000(sabre boiler) someone else done it for £800, lost out on a heating system by a good couple of hundred and my joiner was doing the joinery work, told me install was a shambles and condensate pipe just popping outside.

Pure quality,I love it when I miss out on jobs like this..:presents2:

You can get a sime (pile of junk) down here for about £500 ., and if they are like me dont pay for materials then £300 for labour straight swap then whats the big deal???

You can get a sime (pile of junk) down here for about £500 ., and if they are like me dont pay for materials then £300 for labour straight swap then whats the big deal???
The cost of the advert we've looking at is £150 per week then there's all the other overheads as well

Well however you look a it wether gear knocked off or not nobody works for nothing and if they are happy to be earning £150 from a combi upgrade good for them . Times are tough to many plumbers etc , training centers and gas safe passing through muppetts its a case of deal with it because bubble has burst.

Bit sad really, let them get on with it. Wouldn't be me though! Its not the Scottish way ;0)

There's desperate people out there, wasting it for everyone else, we're heading back to the way it was in the 80's, maybe worse.

Well, I'll no go into it too much but the country is getting flooded!!

Got some info on the price cutting boiler swoppers, i'll no name & shame but there's 2 guys involved, in partnership i believe, 1 in bellshill & 1 in coatbridge, drumpellier i'm told . ring any bells kirk

not ringing any bells, send me a PM with their names, just out of noseyness, i wont post on it or comment

I give the option to the customer of a ferroli optimax with 5 years warranty £499 inc clock and flue and £300 labour or worcester greenstar around £1000 inc flue and clock with 2 years warranty and £300 labour, combi to combi! think u can guess which customer goes for!!

If you are stupid enough to do a combi change for a few hundred pounds more fool you , I know a guy who drives a top of the range van that is empty bar a hose and a few fittings. The prices he charges he only needs to work one day a week , He does not do breakdowns or call outs.

if they aint registering the boiler could even be a band B, there are still band B's being sold, boiler flue and clock for around £400, for £800 its gonna be a crap boiler and a crap job and I would bet my bottom dollar its not done to regs.

its easily done in 3-5 hours and the place is often left cleaner than when i first go in !
To be honest if your taking 8/9 hours to do a combi combi swap then you must spend half the day looking at the job rather than actually working !!

if the job is well planned,and you can get a 8am start finnished loads by dinnertime,takes a day when your running the gas back to the meter.If youve worked on price work for some of the big companies you find yourself doing it quicker than guys who have only worked for themselves,but 800 quid is taking the ****.

If you are stupid enough to do a combi change for a few hundred pounds more fool you , I know a guy who drives a top of the range van that is empty bar a hose and a few fittings. The prices he charges he only needs to work one day a week , He does not do breakdowns or call outs.

i think there is a balance, a guy working for £200 per day has an annual top line of about £50k, depending on days worked, less allowances and costs its up to him if its enough or not, however a guy who charge someone enough for a days work that does him all week is charging way too much in my opinion, cause if he is earning 40-50k (as we are saying is barely enough if SE) for one day a week then i think thats too much

I will fit a boiler for £200 cash if needed on other end of spectrum i will fit one for £400 if i can get away with it .The way i look at it if i dont do it someone else will .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to combi to combi £800 fitted in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

OFFICIAL SPONSORS

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock