Search the forum,

Discuss Cast to PVC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
U

UKPITA

Hi All

Having to replace a section of cast soil pipe and was wondering if there was any way to join to pvc (cast effect) with the exception of rubber boot (timesaver fiting).

I have done many replacements of stacks etc using these boots in the past, however this customer is adament that she does not want this boot type of fitting ruining the look of her cottage.. (But will also not pay for complete stack replacement only wanting top of stack of replaced?)

I am not aware of any other fitting, or if there is one????

Lol mark. Think he was looking for something other than a time saver

Yeah isnt the time saver the boot with Jubilees?? Lol..

Someone mentioned some rubber collar that sits inside cast pipe and pvc pushes into but not used or come accross these before?

Have you got a cast socket that you can go in to. I've seen somewhere a rubber sleeve that you put in the socket and then out PVC in to it

Possibly... Is the answer.... There is a socket there but my concern is that soil pipe has seen better days and concern would be trying to get pipe out off socket without damaging it... May have to attempt if only option and cust adament..?

If she is so adament about the look of her cottage, why does she not want a new stack then? Tell her our not fluffing about trying to make silly joints that are not right and that if she wants a decent job that will last for years you'll have to do it properly and renew it!

Yeah isnt the time saver the boot with Jubilees?? Lol..

Someone mentioned some rubber collar that sits inside cast pipe and pvc pushes into but not used or come accross these before?

You are thinking of a Fernco coupling. Rubber with jubilee clips. I wouldn't have one of those on view on my house either. They are ugly.

A timesaver is a cast iron clamp. Have a read at section 2 of this. It is probably a GT12 you are after.

http://www.ascinfo.co.uk/asccontent/12074\productuploads\productothers\acc_intro.pdf

Osma do a rubber insert collar adaptor too. Google Osma 4s206g or if you are coming off a collar just caulk it in.

Possibly... Is the answer.... There is a socket there but my concern is that soil pipe has seen better days and concern would be trying to get pipe out off socket without damaging it... May have to attempt if only option and cust adament..?

If you have never removed a pipe from a cast socket before you will probably remove the full collar in your attempt.
The GT12 is your easiest option.

If she is so adament about the look of her cottage, why does she not want a new stack then? Tell her our not fluffing about trying to make silly joints that are not right and that if she wants a decent job that will last for years you'll have to do it properly and renew it!

If she wants a decent job that will last for more years, provided the existing is not cracked, phone a painter :lol:

ah... great thanks for the links etc... my mistake about jubilee type... i think she may go for one of these painted!

Existing pipe is cracked so no go for the painter, LOL

It makes me laugh worried about look of cottage but as system 3 pointed out happy to put up with rest of stack looking cr*p..

Thanks for help guys appreciate!

and if she wont pay to renew it, there's always the saying that ends in ----------- 'the sun dont shine'

burning out a caulked joint on a soil pipe has a smell of its own ive spent many a happy hour on a scaffold doing those

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cast to PVC in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, Have got an old 60/70s PVC soil stack, the Toilet is going into a Hunter branded socket which has an old O-ring design (quite flat with 3 or 4 ribs on it). It's painted in a fetching pink/purple colour in the photo. Tried to revive it with some grease before inserting a short length of...
Replies
Views
Hi, all. Was replacing the hot/cold cartridges and ran into a slight issue with replacing the diverter stem. I couldn't find any DIY info online about this type of a diverter (what style is this, btw?). The old rubber boot was welded inside, and I spent a good minute extracting it out (rubber...
Replies
Views
Attached is a ground floor picture of the soil pipe in our home. There was originally a toilet which has now been permanently capped off and you can also see a sink waste pipe attached. My plan is to drill out one of the 50mm sockets directly opposite the current sink waste for a new 40mm...
Replies
Views
Hi, Need some advice about a soil pipe in 1966ish built ex-mod property. We have suspected but not be able to prove that since some heavy vibration from Pilling for a school across the road was done that our soil pipe has cracked, we are 99% sure it's cast iron from what neighbours have said...
Replies
Views
Hi. I am installing a downstairs toilet. My existing stack is cast iron. I don't really want to replace the whole stack so I'm hoping to to replace a small section at the bottom with a plastic t section. My question is if I chop the section out and replace with the plastic t, would it still...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock