Discuss Tub diverter assistance in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi, all.

Was replacing the hot/cold cartridges and ran into a slight issue with replacing the diverter stem. I couldn't find any DIY info online about this type of a diverter (what style is this, btw?). The old rubber boot was welded inside, and I spent a good minute extracting it out (rubber first, then the bronze washer that sits at the end of the rubber boot). The new boot, from what it looks like, went on a bit crooked and the diverter works about 95% now with slight water leakage out of the faucet when in use. I don't like the way it feels when you operate it and wanted to see if there is a trick to putting these things in?

Should the rubber be greased up with rubber safe grease to make it easier to slide into the hole? How do you slide it in so it's straight? I was thinking about using a deep socket that fits inside the boot. It's a very tight fit (giggity), and i don't see how you can correct anything once the boot is in the hole. If it's crooked, there is no way that thing will come out in one piece.

Any advice is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_20220322_094214.jpg
    IMG_20220322_094214.jpg
    517.8 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_20220322_094219.jpg
    IMG_20220322_094219.jpg
    414.2 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_20220322_094229.jpg
    IMG_20220322_094229.jpg
    534.6 KB · Views: 12

Reply to Tub diverter assistance in the Bathrooms, Showers and Wetrooms area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All, I have an issue and hoping someone could shed some light on the problem. We have been getting a smell coming up in the bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I have a WorcesterBosch Greenstar 42CDi classic combi, which is providing DHW fine, but not heating. Was working fine in spring...
Replies
Views
[ASIDE: I did wonder if this was the best forum for this but figured as it was a boiler related issue that the gas engineers would be dealing...
Replies
Views
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi Folks, I have a challenge with a Main Eco Elite 30 Combi which is short cycling on the CH. Water works fine. As soon as you have call for...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock