Search the forum,

Discuss British Gas "what the hell" ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

Londonluke

Client calls me 2 weeks ago to carry out some works on a flat that is going to be rented this coming week >I pointed out that as I am not Corgi registered they needed to get a landlords Safety .

And I had spotted a "speed fit " used on the 15mm before the Hose gas supply that has no isolator fitted.

BG turn up and PASS IT !!!!!!!!!!!! Now client believes me and calls BG. They demand that before they investigate the situation that he calls out another corgi guy and gets it condemned....

After some very very heated conversations and legal threats they have arranged for s senior guy to visit the property.

Now the fitting is in a cupboard directly under the hob. There is no shelf and it was 100% empty. A blind person would have seen the fitting.

Due to this they have had to delay the tenants moving in etc . To say they are upset is a understatement.

They are wanting blood from BG and might even demand the guys job? They are going to the press etc

I really do question the whole Corgi thing...

Will Corgi act against BG ???

corgi against BG - never in a million years!! they are so far in each others pock its not funny!!!

Well... something will give have to give. This is one serious Mistake. Let alone the danger involded and the money lost from a weeks rent (This is Highgate ,London so not cheap !)
They will have to investigate as the moment the Inspector does not come up with some "magic excuse" the press are getting involved and so are the local H&S team.

How will they defend themselves?

The guy wants blood as it took more than 3 days of calls to even get to someone who would take the matter seriously. In this day and age its madness

hope there is photographic evidence

New engineer came and slaughtered the paper work issued last week! on 4 points/

I have carried out the work required and they will inspect and issue new certificate in morning.
Typical that the engineers are not as well trained as your average self employed guy who has more to lose . He still had to check by phone about a "speed Fit" been legal and if he had to terminate the supply or issue a warning etc same for the hose.

so todays inspection adds to the complaint as proof.

Jo Public got real 'suckered" by this CORGI myth !

BG sent a guy to do the work !! And he was unable to do the test> so tenants can not move in !!

DO BG employ anyone who has more than 6 months experience these days ??

they are clueless it seems .On the phone asking basic questions etc That should be easy to know. Its nothing like been a "sparky" where the rules and regs are far more difficult

At last !! A BG guy who was 100% good. Passed the work required that i did,

Client happy and tenant move in this weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last BG guy that came here was fine as far as I know did an ok job from what I saw. I'm not 100% sure if he did a soundness test but I've done a few myself since I've lived here so I know it's sound.

Our last house the BG guy came over, hardly touched anything and passed everyting. He also tested the meter while the boiler was running. Ok if he wanted a working pressure reading from the meter but there's no way he could've done a soundness test. Do BG not do soundness testing any more? :confused:

Thats what you get for doing fast track training.... numpties .

If you aint Corgi you shouldnt be doing gas pipework.

It aint Corgi,s fault even though most off them are d***heads, its the 'training' these days , no substitute for experience, be lots more of this wait and see.

:rolleyes:theres loads of BG numpties.
i agree with razal.

unfortunately theres plenty of Corgi numpties.

Experience

I trust my lapsed corgi plumber associate to assist me with minimal supervision.
hes over 60 years old.

its nice to know that no ones safety is at no ones heart.:rolleyes:

"If you aint Corgi you shouldnt be doing gas pipework."

LondonLuke you had better be careful! If H&S get involved and you have been doing gas work without the necessary then you will quite rightly be taken apart. As indeed will your client for knowingly letting you do the work in the first place.

BG only do soundness tests if it's a landlord check or if a smell of gas is reported or the work involved cutting/disconnecting/disturbing a gas installation pipe/joint. ie only when there's a need for a soundness test.

Why would you do a soundness test for no reason?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to British Gas "what the hell" ? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic Pushfit seems to be getting better and better, cost and convenience was always better, but now the quality is to, have we reached a stage where plastic will...
Replies
Views
Hi all Noticed bad smell in my drain out side put my hand down and it unclogged it for now however I checked my sewer drain and after flushing my toilet a good few times nothing is going to the sewer so don't know is there a blockage or what way it works many thanks and advice would be grateful
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock