Search the forum,

Discuss Boilers that allow air intake 150mm from opening in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I know some boiler manufactors allow the flues air in-take to exit as close as 150mm to an opening in a building. As long as you put a plume kit to get the products of combustion at lest 300mm away from the opening. Does anyone know which manufacturers allow this? I usually fit Ideals but as far as I know they don't allow a plume kit in this situation. Thank you.

I know some boiler manufactors allow the flues air in-take to exit as close as 150mm to an opening in a building. As long as you put a plume kit to get the products of combustion at lest 300mm away from the opening. Does anyone know which manufacturers allow this? I usually fit Ideals but as far as I know they don't allow a plume kit in this situation. Thank you.

I see this an Ideal you are asking about or a different one? You would generally need to consult with MI’s or the manufacturer themselves, what once may have been acceptable may no longer be acceptable.

I see this an Ideal you are asking about or a different one? You would generally need to consult with MI’s or the manufacturer themselves, what once may have been acceptable may no longer be acceptable.
Thanks I usually fit ideal boilers. But I don't think they allow a plume kit to get over this problem. I will need to ring technical I think. As Scott says a move maybe better

yes. Also, with Worcester, the distance is measured in the direction of the flue if you use a plume deflector. At 45 deg you can halve the distance next to a boundary for instance.

Reply to Boilers that allow air intake 150mm from opening in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock