Search the forum,

Discuss Boilers that allow air intake 150mm from opening in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
I know some boiler manufactors allow the flues air in-take to exit as close as 150mm to an opening in a building. As long as you put a plume kit to get the products of combustion at lest 300mm away from the opening. Does anyone know which manufacturers allow this? I usually fit Ideals but as far as I know they don't allow a plume kit in this situation. Thank you.

I know some boiler manufactors allow the flues air in-take to exit as close as 150mm to an opening in a building. As long as you put a plume kit to get the products of combustion at lest 300mm away from the opening. Does anyone know which manufacturers allow this? I usually fit Ideals but as far as I know they don't allow a plume kit in this situation. Thank you.

I see this an Ideal you are asking about or a different one? You would generally need to consult with MI’s or the manufacturer themselves, what once may have been acceptable may no longer be acceptable.

I see this an Ideal you are asking about or a different one? You would generally need to consult with MI’s or the manufacturer themselves, what once may have been acceptable may no longer be acceptable.
Thanks I usually fit ideal boilers. But I don't think they allow a plume kit to get over this problem. I will need to ring technical I think. As Scott says a move maybe better

yes. Also, with Worcester, the distance is measured in the direction of the flue if you use a plume deflector. At 45 deg you can halve the distance next to a boundary for instance.

Reply to Boilers that allow air intake 150mm from opening in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Grant Vortex 50/90 condensing oil boiler where the air tube spigot over the fan is not connected to the existing flue, should this be closed off with a Reillo cover plate to stop vermin getting into the open fan motor.If is blanked over will need a further combustion test to confirm adequate...
Replies
Views
I have a Remeha Tzerra M 24c Plus boiler. It is sitting nice and tight, next to the central ventilation unit/pipeline of the apartment block. That central unit is rather big, I assume around 50cmx50cm and at least 20m tall. So the exhaust ventilation pipe of the boiler goes directly out to this...
Replies
Views
I have a open flue old boiler (natural draft for combustion) installed on outside wall. Before winters want to install a heat only condensing boiler (room sealed), cannot install it at the current location as it is open to weather effects (rain and sun light in summers). I cannot install it in...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Just wanted to share my experience with "upgrading" an S plan setup to Opentherm and Vaillant Control Center (VR66). There are a few threads on a few different forums but I wanted to share a full write-up with all the steps needed, benefits and costs. Overall, I fully recommend...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up blowing/melting a hole in one of the pipes. I repaired this by putting in a new stretch of pipe in and just connecting it to the existing pipes with two...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock