Discuss Blocked toilet upstairs boss blaming users of downstairs toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 113109

Hi Everyone,
At work we have a problem with the upstairs toilets getting blocked. These toilets are used by the bosses and the the female staff. We have a toilet downstairs that is used by the warehouse workers and public. The toilets upstairs are getting blocked and the boss is blaming the downstairs toilet users for the blockage upstairs. The toilet downstairs never gets blocked. I can't get my head around how this can happen from my basic knowledge of plumbing. Is it possible or not?
Thanks.

Absolutely possible.

There will be something caught in the drain between the ground and first floor.
Or something wrong with the drain installation.

Tell you boss to get someone in with a drain camera!!

Hi Oz plumber, They did get a plumber in and he did puts camera down. The boss said it came to a Y junction and the blockage (toilet paper) was there on the downstairs pipe going into that junction.
Thanks
[automerge]1585352106[/automerge]
If the toilet downstairs never gets blocked and is operating as normal, yet the toilet up stairs is getting constantly blocked. Its the occupants upstairs who are to blame.

Hi Nelder, Yep since I've been working there this is is the second time the toilets upstairs have been blocked with toilet paper and downstairs has never had any problems. First time I was there to speak to the plumber and he confirmed that the blockage (toilet paper) was due to the upstairs toilets.
This time I wasn't and the boss told everyone the plumber put a camera down and it showed a Y junction and the blockage was there in the downstairs pipe going into that junction.
He called a meeting and blamed the downstairs bathroom users for the $650 bill.
Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
See if you can find out from the plumber whether it is a 45 junction or 85 junction.
85 junctions have been banned on grade for some time now - for the reasons you are stating.

The solution may be that you pour a 20 litre bucket of water down each toilet first thing in the morning.
Just pour it in as fast as the toilet can take it.
That might be enough to stop the problem by flushing out any caught paper

Reply to Blocked toilet upstairs boss blaming users of downstairs toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi We have been in our property for about 6 months. It was built in 2019. After about a month the downstairs toilet was blocked so we called...
Replies
Views
Needing some advice for recurrent blocked drains in upstairs toilet and sinks/shower. I’ve tracked the drain to under the house and it looks like...
Replies
Views
Hi All I own 2 flats and the upstairs/first floor tenant has contacted me to say that the toilet and basin are slow at draining and she thinks...
Replies
Views
Hi all, just a side note to start, I am not a plumber and have pretty much zero knowledge about plumbing. I have three toilets in my house, a...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
B
Hello, I've had unfortunate issues throughout my adult life and more so since switching to a largely plant based diet of blocking toilets...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock