Search the forum,

Discuss Blocked toilet upstairs boss blaming users of downstairs toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 113109

Hi Everyone,
At work we have a problem with the upstairs toilets getting blocked. These toilets are used by the bosses and the the female staff. We have a toilet downstairs that is used by the warehouse workers and public. The toilets upstairs are getting blocked and the boss is blaming the downstairs toilet users for the blockage upstairs. The toilet downstairs never gets blocked. I can't get my head around how this can happen from my basic knowledge of plumbing. Is it possible or not?
Thanks.

Absolutely possible.

There will be something caught in the drain between the ground and first floor.
Or something wrong with the drain installation.

Tell you boss to get someone in with a drain camera!!

Hi Oz plumber, They did get a plumber in and he did puts camera down. The boss said it came to a Y junction and the blockage (toilet paper) was there on the downstairs pipe going into that junction.
Thanks
[automerge]1585352106[/automerge]
If the toilet downstairs never gets blocked and is operating as normal, yet the toilet up stairs is getting constantly blocked. Its the occupants upstairs who are to blame.

Hi Nelder, Yep since I've been working there this is is the second time the toilets upstairs have been blocked with toilet paper and downstairs has never had any problems. First time I was there to speak to the plumber and he confirmed that the blockage (toilet paper) was due to the upstairs toilets.
This time I wasn't and the boss told everyone the plumber put a camera down and it showed a Y junction and the blockage was there in the downstairs pipe going into that junction.
He called a meeting and blamed the downstairs bathroom users for the $650 bill.
Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
See if you can find out from the plumber whether it is a 45 junction or 85 junction.
85 junctions have been banned on grade for some time now - for the reasons you are stating.

The solution may be that you pour a 20 litre bucket of water down each toilet first thing in the morning.
Just pour it in as fast as the toilet can take it.
That might be enough to stop the problem by flushing out any caught paper

Reply to Blocked toilet upstairs boss blaming users of downstairs toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Evening all! Looking for a bit of help. Today my downstairs toilet gurgled when I put the tap on in the bathroom, The toilet filled and became blocked. Ive tried to plunge it to no avail and now if I flush my up stairs toilet, downstairs toilet fills with dirty water. It also fills up with more...
Replies
Views
Hi - I'm not an expert but wondered if anyone might be able to assist. I've replaced an old toilet with a new one. I've used the same water inlet pipe, and have just replaced the right angled soil pipe connecter (110 at toilet end to a 97-107 connector end to existing soil pipe). It's secured...
Replies
Views
Suddenly my downstairs toilet stopped filling this week, I suspected a blockage in the filter or cistern itself, however after removal of everything it appears that there is no water coming in, its mains fed and no sign of leak anywhere , we have checked the isolation valve and its not faulty...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have 3 port value for HW & CH. Loft extension added many years ago so they added a T to go upstairs, only 2 rads up but 11 downstairs covering at leave twice the floor area As per diagram has free flow Up or Down, no way to balance. Works pretty well but last few Rads (in kitchen) are...
Replies
Views
Hi all, have a leak in landing from upstairs bathroom. This only happens when sink taps are on, not shower or toilet . Think it is a boss connection between sink waste to soil pipe. And think this is happening in corner where toilet is and that is where sink and soil pipe connect Just want...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock