Discuss Blocked toilet upstairs boss blaming users of downstairs toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

D

Deleted member 113109

Hi Everyone,
At work we have a problem with the upstairs toilets getting blocked. These toilets are used by the bosses and the the female staff. We have a toilet downstairs that is used by the warehouse workers and public. The toilets upstairs are getting blocked and the boss is blaming the downstairs toilet users for the blockage upstairs. The toilet downstairs never gets blocked. I can't get my head around how this can happen from my basic knowledge of plumbing. Is it possible or not?
Thanks.

Absolutely possible.

There will be something caught in the drain between the ground and first floor.
Or something wrong with the drain installation.

Tell you boss to get someone in with a drain camera!!

Hi Oz plumber, They did get a plumber in and he did puts camera down. The boss said it came to a Y junction and the blockage (toilet paper) was there on the downstairs pipe going into that junction.
Thanks
[automerge]1585352106[/automerge]
If the toilet downstairs never gets blocked and is operating as normal, yet the toilet up stairs is getting constantly blocked. Its the occupants upstairs who are to blame.

Hi Nelder, Yep since I've been working there this is is the second time the toilets upstairs have been blocked with toilet paper and downstairs has never had any problems. First time I was there to speak to the plumber and he confirmed that the blockage (toilet paper) was due to the upstairs toilets.
This time I wasn't and the boss told everyone the plumber put a camera down and it showed a Y junction and the blockage was there in the downstairs pipe going into that junction.
He called a meeting and blamed the downstairs bathroom users for the $650 bill.
Thanks for your reply.

Last edited by a moderator:
See if you can find out from the plumber whether it is a 45 junction or 85 junction.
85 junctions have been banned on grade for some time now - for the reasons you are stating.

The solution may be that you pour a 20 litre bucket of water down each toilet first thing in the morning.
Just pour it in as fast as the toilet can take it.
That might be enough to stop the problem by flushing out any caught paper

Reply to Blocked toilet upstairs boss blaming users of downstairs toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, I seemed to have a blockage in kitchen sink. A plumber came and cleared all the pipework that is visible inside my home (there was debris and...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
B
    • Friendly
Hi, I've followed this excellent forum for several years but have never posted, so decided I'd better give some details. My status is the upper...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock