1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Discuss Blank required for kuterlite 1700 fitted with black 21.5 o/d alkathene in the Fittings & Pipes area at UKPlumbersForums.co.uk.

1. rhino666

rhino666 New Member

I have a kuterlite 'T' fitting with 21.5mm class C black PE water pipe. I need to blank off one port. Can anyone advise what is required please.

2. ShaunCorbs

ShaunCorbs S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

What’s the od of the threads ?

3. rhino666

rhino666 New Member

IMG_5175.JPG
    Please see photo of actual fitting. Thread o/d is a little over an inch(27mm) so appears the equivalent of a 22mm fitting(three quarters of an inch). This looks like it may have a tapered insert rather than other similar fittings in my 1970 house that have more thread showing so I guess olives fitted. Trying to avoid undoing the 50 year old union to try and answer my question and possibly cause a problem.

4. ShaunCorbs

3/4 cap or 22mm blanking nut depending on pitch should work

• Like Like x 1
  5. rhino666

rhino666 New Member

Thank you Shaun. Bit the bullet and undid the union - its a finer pitch and a 22mm nut fits. I think the 3/4 has a wider pitch BSP.
    22mm blank cap nut should do it.

6. ShaunCorbs

Screwfix have them best to get a couple handy to have in your box

7. rhino666

rhino666 New Member

Just to bring closure to this I ordered a 22mm cap and then was informed that the seller was on hols until the end of the month. Took a punt on a 22mm disc as lots available versus very few caps. Worked a treat with a 22mm nut. Please see photo....
    IMG_5196.JPG

8. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

But for how long?

9. rhino666

rhino666 New Member

Brass to Brass taper fitting that other plumbers seem to rate so how long do you reckon?

10. Harvest Fields

Harvest Fields S. Mod Trusted Plumber GSR Top Contributor!!

No idea. Why not put a 22mm cap with a rubber seal on the inside?

11. Ben-gee

Ben-gee Plumber

If it’s one that’s shaped like an olive and you put a smear of jetlube on it, should last a long long time - as long as nut doesn’t vibrate loose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. WHPES

WHPES Trusted Plumber GSR

You've done the correct thing