Discuss Baxi Solo pf overheat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kev the gas

Evening all,

next door has a problem with their Baxi Solo 3 60 pf.

Unbeknown to me other engineers have looked at the boiler, and I am now told they said it was the programmer but would not come back to replace.

New build block of apartments with underground parking, each having a boiler room with a baxi solo and unvented water cylinder, 1 heating zone for the bedrooms/ bathrooms another pump station for the under floor heating. Approx 8/9 years old.

I popped in last week and could not get the boiler to fire, correct voltage to all connections neutral/ earth all correct.

A new pcb was fitted on Monday and the boiler fired immediately and all seemed well.

Monday night 8.30 pm ! phone call no heat/ hot water popped in and boiler had gone to over heat but I had left the boiler stat on max.

This morning 7.20 am phone call boiler gone to over heat again even tho stat was left on 3.

Same again tonight 5.30 pm boiler gone to overheat, even on no 1. I have checked the pump and it is running every thing in the apartment gets hot and works.

I am now told that during the down times the boiler had before I got involved the under floor heating (wet) was getting warm and the hot water was hot when they used the immersion heater, i presume it was picking up heat from the coil of the cylinder in a reverse fashion !!!

Sorry for the long post but they are neighbours and I am pulling my hair out !!!

is the pump wired from the boiler so it has overrun ?

System clean? boiler doesn't sound like its kettling when its on? I have had it before where a pump works fine until the system gets hot and then starts to knock a bit and slow down causing the boiler to over heat.

Seen a few fans cause this problems with poor gaskets leaking heat and tripping the overheat.

To be honest the boiler/ system sounds fine, but each visit has been approx 15/20 mins due to other work and I hate looking at neighbours boilers @8 pm ! Lol.

I don't think it is an over heat problem but the boiler thinking something else is wrong, sensor ?? Ignition ?? The only faults with the Solo I have had is pcb/fan .

Kev

Thx Eph, that sounds promising I was typing at the same time as you.

Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Baxi Solo pf overheat in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Copper pipes, I think its fair to say, is not what it used to be, the copper is getting thin while the cost is going up. Meanwhile, plastic...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock