Discuss BAXI 105HE Combi - Minor Leak on Heating Flow Pipe (out) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MisterGriffiths

I've found a minor leak within the boiler, which I think is on the joint between the heat exchange unit and the Heating Flow (out) Pipe.

I have a couple of questions really.

1) If I turn off the Heating Flow and Heating Return taps, will that stop any further leakage in the boiler. Obviously there will still be some water remaining in the system but no new water entering the system.

2) Can I still run the boiler in Mains Water Heating Only mode with the heating system taps in the off position, or could this cause a pressure problem in the boiler's internal part of the heating system, while the mains water is being heated?

Thanks in advance.

Yep, that is the plan desrob but Sunday afternoons don't seem to be the best time for plumbers.

As it's a combi and we don't have an electric shower, this is our only source of running hot water. Monday mornings in a family home with no running hot water is a rather desperate affair.

I just want to know if I can turn off a 'return' tap for the CH System and still run the boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to BAXI 105HE Combi - Minor Leak on Heating Flow Pipe (out) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello everyone i have a Baxi 424 combi the system working fine but the maximum tempruter on the screen reach only 57 degrees for heater and 51...
Replies
Views
I have been facing central heating low pressure on unvented hot water RM Cylinders but can't see any leak on the PRV, expansion vessels and...
Replies
Views
losing pressure
L
M
Hi, we have a back combi heater. Whenever the heating comes on it seems to lose pressure within a few hours and I have to refill each morning...
Replies
Views
My central heating is run off a heat pump ( air to water ) quite expensive to run , So I’m plainning to fit a wood burning with a back boiler to...
Replies
Views
Baxi 600 central heating is set at minimum the radiator symbol on the boiler is flashing. (asking for heat .fan is still running ) this is like...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock